IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
We are looking for an experienced, driven and people focused Front Office Manager to manage all aspects of the front office (for example guest registration, porter services, business Centre, telephone services, concierge services, and guest reservations) and to deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life. You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
Your day to day
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans.
- Monitor budget and control labour costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management.
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports.
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and up selling at the front desk.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations.
- Ensure staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, service and quality standards and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all
transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/ crisis situations: develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to our resort guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration.
- Three years of guest service/hotel experience with at least two years in a supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous extended stay experience or experience in a hotel of similar size and complexity preferred.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Other languages preferred.
- OPERA experience required
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Thursday 18th May, 2023.
Related Jobs (25)
Cashier | Activities Attendant | Security x2 | Groundsman x2 on November 27, 2023 Full Time