VACANCY – FORKLIFT OPEARTOR
We are looking for suitably qualified candidates who will take on the role of Forklift Operator. The Forklift Operator is responsible for optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency, scheduling vehicles for maintenance and repairs, and managing inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment, among other duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct forklift pre-start and shut down inspections and reporting defects.
- Loading, unloading, shipping and receiving warehouse items.
- Safely move materials to different locations within the Distribution Centre.
- Optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency.
- Securing loads on mobile equipment before transportation.
- Inspecting for damages to forklift and other mobile equipment.
- Scheduling mobile equipment for maintenance and repairs.
- Operating forklift in manner to reduce wear and tear.
- Managing inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment.
- Picking and wrapping orders for shipment.
- Identifying and reporting workplace safety hazards.
- Adhering to site safety requirements and practices.
- Adhering to warehouse operations schedules.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Class 4 or 6 License required.
- Grade 10 Certificate.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Proficiency in operating technical machinery.
- 1-2 years` experience working within FMCG warehouse.
If you have the skills and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – FORKLIFT OPERATOR in the subject line to:
The Recruitment Officer – People & Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm on Tuesday, March 14, 2023