THE PAPUA NEW GUINEA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University:
TIMBER & FORESTRY TRAINING COLLEGE
Foreman Artisan – Engineering
Reporting directly to the Principal of TFTC, the Foreman Artisan will be responsible for the repair, maintenance and servicing of all industrial plant and equipment at all sectors of the College including troubleshooting of hydraulics and pneumatics and other related mechanical issues.
- Provide leadership in the Engineering and Maintenance Section.
- Ensure full and efficient operation of mechanical plant and equipment.
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of machines, equipment and vehicles, to ensure scheduled maintenance is carried out.
- Planning and organizing work schedules for subordinates.
- Ensure availability of essential spare parts on-site and proper record keeping as well.
- Provide technical advice when needed.
- Provide and initiate training on maintenance and repair of machinery to trainees.
- Create and maintain an asset registry system for effective control and monitoring of tools and equipment.
- Prepare monthly reports to submit to the management.
- Maintain and provide proper care on the standby generator.
- Provide and initiate weekly talk on safe use of machinery and equipment to staff and students.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate must have:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Fitter machining with a Technical Trade Certificate.
- Have 5 – 7 years appropriate mechanical & industrial work experience.
- Proven industrial capabilities with hydraulics & pneumatics.
- Strong practical “hands on” experience with industrial machinery.
- Proven experience working as a fitter, with exceptional welding and mechanical skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
Foreman Artisan K25,805 – K31,540 per annum
Domestic Market Allowance K1,200 per annum
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
Detailed application with updated curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and addresses preferably email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer, should be sent to:
The Executive Director – Human Resources
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Applicants are encouraged to email all applications in one pdf file to [email protected] with an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
- Deadline for all applications is on Friday 15th December 2023 at 4:06pm
- ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Related Jobs (9)
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 21, 2024 Full Time
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 19, 2024 Full Time
Senior Marine Resource Economist / Marine Resource Economist on January 17, 2024 Full Time