VACANCY – FOOD SAFETY & HYGIENE OFFICER
CPL Group is seeking applications from self-motivated, energetic, customer focused and passionate individuals to apply for the position of Food Safety & Hygiene Officer. Reporting to the Head of Safety, the Food Safety & Hygiene Officer is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the business by establishing a systematic approach towards improving food safety and hygiene standards and practices across all CPL food establishments (Bon Café, Kitchens, Kaibars, Bakeries, Produce Distribution Center (Supply Chain), SNS Meat Department, Meat Factory and Distribution Centre.
The successful applicant should possess the following skills & qualification:
- Review, develop and implement the company’s food safety program in line with food safety best practices (HACCP) and legal requirements for food manufacturing and retail industry.
- Promote food safety and hygiene practices through onsite engagement with management and staff in toolbox meetings, task observation and proactive intervention.
- Review and update food safety and hygiene policies and procedures.
- Train employees on food safety and hygiene practices.
- Conduct food safety audits against food safety best practices, identifying corrective actions required, reporting findings and follow through of required actions.
- Conduct food safety and hygiene risk assessments on facilities, equipment, process and people and report findings and recommendations.
- Schedule and conduct periodical monitoring and evaluation of corrective actions implemented.
- Review and maintain a food safety and hygiene risk register.
- Investigate and report on food safety complaints with corrective actions.
- Liaise and establish working relationship with local health authorities.
- Establish a working relationship with National Institute of Standards and Industrial Technology (NISIT), NCDC Health Division and relevant regulatory and enforcement agencies to achieve food safety standards accreditation certification – HACCP, Food Safety Management Systems.
- Maintain relevant food safety and hygiene records and documentation.
- Provide weekly activity and monthly report.
- Must have at least 3 years industrial experience as a Food Safety Officer role or similar.
- Sound knowledge in HACCP program and Food Safety Management Systems.
- Sound knowledge in PNG Food Safety Codes, Standards and relevant ISO Standards.
- Sound knowledge in project management and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you have the skills and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – FOOD SAFETY & HYGIENE OFFICER in the subject line to:
The Recruitment Officer – People & Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm on Thursday, April 06, 2023