Raffe Hotels & Resorts operates Fiji Gateway Hotel, Plantation Island Resort and Lomani Island Resort, offering a range of products to suit most visitors to Fiji. Nestled in the heart of the Mamanuca Islands and
offering an authentic island experience, Plantation Island Resort is a great three-star value for money resort for families, couples and groups. A family-friendly resort where everyone can experience warm Fijian hospitality and make wonderful memories.
Island based, the F&B Cost Controller that we are looking for will have a good understanding of:
- Cost of sale, menu costings, Point of Sale programming along with Sales and Product analytical skillsets.
- Verification of all voids in the POS system for all F&B outlets, discounts on the POS system & settlements done on the POS system.
- Corroboration of all complimentary sales in the POS system, ensuring all complimentary sales are approved, staff meals and staff discounts.
- Verification of all inventory transfers have been accurately transferred through SAGE. Prepare Variance Analysis Report for F&B and Resort Management.
- Check the cost of sales for all F&B outlets against budget, escalating any issues identified to F&B management.
- Precisely load and verify all menu prices on POS system, ensuring system is regularly checked and updated when new menu or beverage items are introduced.
- Tally all end of shift reports generated from outlet POS tills; Monitor and identify potential wastage, pilferage or efficiency issues in F&B outlets, escalating issues identified to F&B management.
- Check the daily F&B revenue report to ensure accuracy of covers and average check figures.
- Prepare Duty Drinks and management report and verify that this is per entitlement.
- Prepare monthly staff meals cost report; Prepare and distribute the daily F&B Report to management.
- Participate in month-end stock-take procedures at outlets and warehouse. Complete spot checks of F&B
- inventory received at the Warehouse to ensure that the scales are accurate, and goods are checked for quality.
- Complete checks to ensure that F&B inventory is not issued from the Warehouse without an approved requisition
- Check and ensure all menu items have a corresponding recipe with specified ingredients and amounts.
- Retain responsibility for the set-up and integrity of the menu pricing, consumption and POS systems for F&B.
- Complete and verify all meter readings at the end of each month.
- Compile revenues, sales productivity, and costs analysis reports daily, weekly and monthly.
- Liaise closely with key inhouse partners and supply chain providers to ensure changes and adherences are updated.
- Work closely with FB Management and department heads about risks, potential losses and improvements.
To be successful, you would:
- Have a minimum of 5 years Hospitality/Tourism experience, which would be advantageous. We are open minded about your industry background but having experience with working in a similar environment helps you to thrive in this role.
- You will have a bachelor’s degree in a technical or financial discipline with experience in a similar position.
- You will have strong analytical skills and able to work under pressure but more importantly able to meet deadlines, make important decisions through your reports. Influence and collaborate easily with all stakeholders as part of your role to achieving a great outcome.
Attractive remuneration package will be discussed with shortlisted applicants.