What is the job?
We’re looking for a Food & Beverage Attendant to support our young & vibrant service team by performing duties including mise en place of food preparation, set up of functions, set up of food and beverage equipment, mini bar operations and assisting with the preparation and delivery of service.
Your day To day
- Deliver Food and Beverage service of high standard and in accordance with departmental/IHG standards and procedures,
- Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships,
- Beverages are up-sold and regularly replenished, abiding by responsible alcohol service regulations,
- Converse with Guests about wine, advising the types and styles of wine, taking wine orders and serving wine,
- Promoting and selling cocktails to guests,
- Making and presenting cocktails,
- Guests are advised on alcoholic beverages,
- The strengths of alcohol is advised and guests are advised as to their effect,
- Compliance with legal provisions of local liquor codes,
- Level of intoxication of guests is assessed and appropriate action taken,
- Monitor factors which interfere with the total experience of the guest.
What do we need from you
In order to provide the best services, you’ll need to
- Have a diverse knowledge of the role, be a team player.
- Be able to interact well with guests and also understand the nature of the operations.
- Certificate in Responsible Service of Alcohol would be an advantage.
Ideally, you’ll have previous work experience in Food & Beverage and/or hospitality operations and be enthusiastic, approachable and motivated with a real passion for hospitality in order to consistently deliver a great customer experience.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Sunday 28th May, 2023.
Related Jobs (25)
Cashier | Activities Attendant | Security x2 | Groundsman x2 on November 27, 2023 Full Time