ABOUT THE FIJI RUGBY UNION (FRU)
The Fiji Rugby Union (FRU) is based in the Nation’s capital of Suva and is responsible for administering the sport of Rugby Union across 14 provinces. The major responsibility of FRU is to continuously develop and improve processes by enabling pathways from “grass roots” level through to elite and professional level. FRU endeavors to enhance players’ and officials’ competencies locally and internationally.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join Fiji Rugby as it continues to develop into a strong contender at the highest level across all formats in the world of Rugby Union. The Flying Fijians performed strongly at the recent Rugby World Cup in France and have set a new benchmark for the FRU and their stakeholders to uphold and build on.
The Flying Fijians Head Coach is responsible for the overall leadership, selection and coaching of the National Men’s XVs Senior Team. You will be ultimately responsible for team performance both on and off the field and will lead the team at all international competitions and tournaments, including the prestigious Rugby World Cup. You will lead and provide the technical direction to the Men’s XVs high performance program and be actively involved in the development and support of high-potential Fijian players, and staff, across the performance pathway including the Fijian Drua Super Rugby Pacific franchise.
Setting the HP team culture, standards and behaviours is fundamental to this role. As well as leading the players, coaches, performance support, management and operational staff the Head Coach plays an important and high profile ambassadorial role for the team, the broader Fiji Rugby Union and the game within Fiji, the Pacific and across the globe.
- Proven Head Coaching experience leading High Performance Rugby Teams at International, Super Rugby (or equivalent level) within the last 12 months.
- Demonstrated track record for developing people (coaches and players) into leaders within teams which promotes high performing/achievement cultures.
- High level of knowledge of Rugby Union with specific regard to Coaching, High Performance athlete development, planning and performance technology.
- Proven ability to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with players, coaches, support staff and other key stakeholders.
- High level of cultural awareness and capability to adapt to a unique environment.
- Computer literacy relevant to the professional rugby environment using programmes such as keynote, HUDL, Sportscode or similiar.
- World Rugby Level 3 Coaching Accreditation or Union specific equivalent (or higher).
The successful candidate is expected to live in Fiji for the duration of their contact. While the role necessitates a lot of international travel, the base of operations for this role is in Fiji.
This is an opportunity to lead the Flying Fijians in the lead up to the Rugby World Cup in 2027 and work with some of the world’s best Rugby talent at an exciting time as Fiji Rugby continues to develop into a strong contender on the world stage!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Friday 12th January 2024
TO APPLY Please send your resume with cover letter to: [email protected]
Global Elite Sports (www.globalelitesports.com) have been contracted exclusively on behalf of Fiji Rugby to undertake the international search assignment for this appointment.