Financial Controller, Grand Hotel and Casino – Vanuatu
- Hospitality, leisure and gaming business
- Port Villa – Vanuatu
- Competitive salary package
Seeking an experienced Financial Controller to provide full financial & management reporting for this growing business. This is a varied role that encompasses commercial input across the business together with hands-on financial control.
This six-level hotel and casino is the tallest building in Vanuatu, comprising 74 rooms and overlooking the spectacular Port Vila harbour.
A prime waterfront location, just 10 minutes from the airport and central to Port Vila’s business and entertainment district. The world-renowned market is 200 meters from our front door.
The city’s unique shopping, restaurants and nightclubs are all within walking distance. Government and commerce offices are also located in the shadow of the Grand making it the ideal location for business and corporate travellers. For executive accommodation, Harbour View, Panorama and Penthouse suites are available.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our newly created Financial Controller role has a primary responsibility to manage the company’s financial and treasury systems and processes, ensuring financial information is timely, accurate complete and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles and regulatory frameworks.
The Financial Controller will make an impact through:
- Professionally manage the financial accounting processes and records of the company
- Provide accurate, complete, relevant, and timely information and reports (both financial and general) to users
- Understand the Acts | Regulations | Laws of Vanuatu to ensure the business is compliant in all governed financial obligations
- Maintain integrity of accounting systems – Ensure segregation of duties and internal controls are maintained and appropriate checks and balances are in place
- Ensure the company’s cash management position is tightly controlled and monitored
- Respond timeously and appropriately to user queries on financial matters
- Provide in-depth financial analysis to management to assist with driving efficiencies and reduce costs
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to others
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets (operating and capex) and cashflow forecasting
- Prepare ad hoc financial forecasting information as required
- Work closely with management to monitor performance to budget across all departments and investigate budget variations
- Manage relationships with others across the company to achieve alignment in key business strategies and decisions
- Prepare and analyse weekly flash reports of financial performance and key financial indicators
- Prepare and analyse monthly and annual financial reporting packs and other ad hoc reporting
- Liaise with external accountants and auditors on various accounting and taxation matters as they arise
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success through:
- Demonstrated capacity in leading and managing a finance team and its individual members
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail with high proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in preparing reports and presentations
- Ability to understand and analyse complex financial information and strategy in a diverse business environment
- Sound time management skills and ability to work autonomously to deliver results within agreed-upon reporting timeframes
- Ability to build and retain strong relationships with management, key stakeholders, external parties, and direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/Finance
- CPA/CA qualification
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking ‘Apply Now’.