Bank South Pacific (BSP) is a modern and energetic bank with the largest branch, rural and electronic banking networks in Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu and Cambodia. BSP is committed to providing the highest level of service combined with market leading financial solutions to our corporate and retail customers.
BSP is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Financial Controller Reporting to join our team. As the Financial Controller Reporting, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the internal stakeholder reporting function of
the business. You will play a critical role in providing accurate and timely financial information to the Executive Management team to enable informed decision-making. The role reports to the Group Chief Financial Controller (GCFO).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide executive management with monthly variance reports on a timely basis so that corrective decisions can be
- Conduct proper analysis of data so that management can understand the business and its operation results.
- Manage the Bank-wide budgeting & forecasting process
- Oversee the capital expenditure budget and report to management on progress of various projects
- Liaise with Subsidiary Companies for financial consolidation purposes and analysis. Assist the Financial Reporting Team manage the consolidation process to understand the Group Financials as a whole on a regular basis..
- Setup of tools and systems to manage this process more effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare and submit reports for Board of Directors. Assist GCFO collate reports and provide analysis where required.
- Manage the Business Controllers functions and provide guidance, assistance, and training to Business Controllers in
all other strategic business units (SBUs) to provide accurate financial data on a consistency and regular basis.
- Ensure integrity of data is maintained at all times.
- Work closely with General Managers of the various SBUs to ensure that their reporting requirements and information
needs are being met.
Preferred Qualifications, Professional/Technical Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Professional certification such as CPA or equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in financial reporting, accounting, or auditing
- Knowledge of SUN system GL is desirable and exposure to Oracle financial software will be beneficial
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to manage a team effectively
Salary offered will commensurate with skills and experience of successful candidate.
Forward your application to | Head of Talent Management | Bank South Pacific |
PO Box 78, Port Moresby, NCD | Email: [email protected]
Full details of the position are available on our website.
Applications close Friday, 01 December 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.