Bank South Pacific (BSP) is a modern and energetic bank with the largest branch, rural and electronic banking networks in Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu and Cambodia. BSP is committed to providing the highest level of service combined with market leading financial solutions to our corporate and retail customers.
BSP is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Financial Controller Accounting to join our team. As the Financial Controller Reporting, you will be responsible for the finance and accounting activities for the Bank’s operation in Papua New Guinea.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong management reporting focus on performance measurement, linking trends in operational
performance to strategic goals and financial results.
- Manage the continuous improvement of standardized monthly management reporting routines and reports in BSP PNG, providing leadership to finance and accounting staff that supports the management reporting functions in the bank, and act as the key financial advisor to the Bank’s business divisions in the BSP PNG operations.
- Manage the timely preparation of information for the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, stock exchange,
compliance reporting, taxation, and bank regulatory reporting. Associated with BSP operations in the PNG Market.
- Establish and maintain internal controls, systems, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate work with external professionals in relation to financial, management and regulatory reporting matters.
- Support the senior executive team with commercial decision-making with regards to PNG operations.
- Strategize & implement where appropriate process improvements within the Strategic Business Unit.
- Strategize & implement internal training & development initiatives for the staff.
Preferred Qualifications, Professional/Technical Skills & Experience:
- University Degree in Finance, Economics or Business
- Certificate of Practicing Accountant (PNG CPA)
- Meets Fit & Proper Requirements of Bank of PNG
- 10 years experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position, and a CPA
- Minimum of 5 years responsibility of a financial planning and budgeting department (preferably banking experience)
- Good knowledge of Labour Laws of PNG and international best practices
- Detailed understanding of domestic and international banking business and procedures
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including reporting systems
- Knowledge of Government and Financial Regulation
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Advanced technical skills in Compliance/ Legislation
- Intermediate technical skills in Computing/ IT
- Experience of working (or studying) in a country or company where International Accounting Standards are used
Salary offered will commensurate with skills and experience of successful candidate.
Forward your application to | Head of Talent Management | Bank South Pacific |
PO Box 78, Port Moresby, NCD | Email: [email protected]
Full details of the position are available on our website.
Applications close Friday, 01 December 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.