IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Searching for an opportunity that just adds up? We’re looking for a Financial Accountant with a strong enough grasp of the figures to balance managing hotel assets, maintaining a centralized accounting environment, and making accurate forecasts in complete confidence.
Your day to day
- Required to perform professional accounting duties to maintain control over expenses, income, assets and liability of the hotel for ensuring the security of the company assets.
- Prepare and review daily revenue journals and various account reconciliations.
- prepare accounting records including invoices, journal vouchers, financial statement, monthly reports
- Required to work with other departments on accounting and internal control related matters.
- Develop and implement financial and audit programs which ensure hotel is complaint with all local laws and regulations as well as reporting mandates.
- Ensure consistency in governance and that all internal control policies, procedures and audit standards are enforced and monitored.
- Recognizes opportunities and incorporates innovative ideas for improving business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide support, coaching and leading junior level accounting staff.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to our resort guests. The ideal candidate will have:
● Bachelor’s degree or higher education qualification in Accounting or Finance.
● Three years in hotel accounting or internal audit experience in a similar role .
● Or an equivalent combination of education and experience .
● Must speak fluent English.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Friday 03rd February, 2023.