FINANCE OFFICER X2
World Vision Papua New Guinea (WVPNG) has exciting opportunity for those of you who want a change and want to become part of a dynamic team. We are currently looking for suitable, qualified, experienced, and highly motivated professional to fill the position of Finance Officer X2 to be based in Port Moresby, National Capital District, Papua New Guinea.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Purpose of this Position is to provide support in making payment to the suppliers. S/he will provide technical support in financial accounting system, support to non-finance staffs to ensure high stewardship and accountability.
Support on the completion of regular internal financial processes including implementation of new initiatives to improve efficiency in accounting and financial system. Identify the field level financial risk and work in team to minimize/mitigate the risk to achieve the objectives.
- Review financial transaction for the payment
- Effective , efficient and timely Payment
- Proper and correct Accounting ( transaction recording)
- Financial information management ( Filling Management , financial data management , soft copy of data management)
- Review and upload financial data in to system
- Manage and provide payment/ accounting related information to different stakeholders
- Support to manage internal and external audits.
- Manage banking function
- Ensure compliance with WVI finance and other policies, standards, procedures and Government
- Capacity enhancement and building relationship to and with team members (Finance & Non finance staffs
- Identify financial risk and ensure smooth functioning of Internal Control Systems to mitigate risk.
- Coordination and support to internal and external stakeholders ( employee, vendors, government line agencies, auditors)
- Support financial reporting and information sharing to others.
- Admin and Logistics support to team
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in independently handling Finance and accounts preferably within NGO sector.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS office Package (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.) & Internet
- Experience of working in a computerized accounting environment. (Accounting database)
- General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent computer literacy & skill of MS office applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/internet etc.)
- Practical knowledge of NGO account payable, payment, accounting, project budgeting, reporting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated Mentoring, Orientation & Training Skill
- Good interpersonal, problem solving & time management skills.
A competitive salary, benefits, and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge, and qualifications.
Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police & Medical Clearance Certificate and COVID 19 Vaccination card (within the first 3 months of issuance) on or before; Friday 5 May 2023. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Considering the well-being of the staff, beneficiaries, peers, partners, and the general public at large it is highly recommended that all staff of WV PNG be vaccinated for CoVid19. Any request for exemption from being vaccinated on grounds of health and religious beliefs can be accommodated upon due consideration.
World Vision is committed to first do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries, to respect the rights of all beneficiaries, and to uphold the best interests of children as a primary consideration in all actions and decisions; accordingly, all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. World Vision PNG has zero tolerance towards incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. World Vision Papua New Guinea as Child Safe Organization discourages anyone to apply with prior record of conviction related with child neglect, abuse and exploitation
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Please submit your applications, EOI &CV to the below link.
Related Jobs (12)
Junior Financial Accountant on June 6, 2023 Full Time
Inventory Clerk on June 6, 2023 Full Time
SERVICE MANAGER on June 6, 2023 Full Time
Trade Analyst on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Bank account setup for Outsource Fiji on June 5, 2023 Full Time
URGENT : Accounts Payable Officer on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Accounts Officer on June 5, 2023 Full Time
Payroll Officer on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Accountant on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Insurance Accountant on May 31, 2023 Full Time