Ref No: CCC008
The University of the South Pacific (USP) is one of two regional universities in the world and is the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. We are supported by 12 Pacific Island Countries; Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu. The University of the South Pacific invites suitably qualified applicants for the Finance Assistant position. The appointee will be responsible for the financial administration of the Campus, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, asset monitoring, vehicle coordination and errands.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
– Completion of a degree in Accounting and/or Mathematics without subsequent relevant work experience; or
– Completion of an diploma in Accounting and/or Mathematics and at least 2 years subsequent relevant work experience; or
– Completion of a post-trades certificate or advanced certificate and extensive relevant experience as a technician; or
– An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
– Merit or excellence in NCEA level 3 Accounting and/ or Mathematics;
– Be computer literate;
– Be organized and detail oriented;
– Have a current driver license.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
– Proficiency in MYOB;
– Fluent in Cook Islands Māori;
– Experience with Banner application.
Enquiries and further information: Ms. Tureheni Emi File, Office Manager, Cook Island Campus, ph: + (682) 29415 ; fax: ; email: [email protected]
This position is available for a period of three years.
Salary Range: NZ $19,089 to NZ $ 22,729 per annum
How to Apply
Application to be sent to: [email protected]
Application should be clearly marked as “Vacancy – Position Reference Number, Position Title”.
The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Closing date for applications 24 April 2022