The Finance Assistant will support the functions of the PacREF Facilitating Unit (PFU) and assist the PacREF Coordinator PacREF and the Finance Manager in undertaking financial and technical tasks to support the smooth and efficient operation of the PFU. The incumbent will set in place systems of record management, support logistics of meetings convened by the PFU and assist the Finance Manager – PacREF in the provision of reliable and accurate financial management, auditing of Programmes funds and support in proper budget management.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A degree in Accounting/Finance with one (1) year of relevant work experience in project accounting, budget management, procurement and related fields; or
- A diploma in Accounting/Finance and three (3) years of relevant work experience in project accounting, budget management, procurement and related fields;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Solid computer skills and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing such as Word and Excel including some knowledge on familiarity with Banner Finance or other complex relational database and management information systems (MIS);
- Experience in data gathering, analysis and development of reports and knowledge of e-filing and record management;
- Proficient in developing financial reports;
- Knowledge of major donors and their priorities including experience in scheduling activities and following protocols;
- An uncompromising commitment to accuracy and quality; and
- Exhibit a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
Enquiries and further information: Ms. Pretishma Singh, Finance Manager, PacREF; Ph 3231884; Email: [email protected]
The position is available for a fixed term period of one year.
- FJ $28,440.86 to FJ $ 34,571.06 per annum
The closing date for applications is: 14 May 2023
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to apply for this position online.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.