Green Powered Technology (GPTech)—an energy and engineering consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia in the United States—is seeking a Field Engineer to provide support on the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Solomon Islands Strengthening Competitiveness, Agriculture, Livelihoods and Environment (SCALE) –- Architecture and Engineering Support (SCALE-A&E) Program. The Field Engineer will assist with meeting deliverables, visiting field construction sites, coordinating efforts with construction contractors, and reporting. This position will be located in Auki with frequent travel to construction sites.
- Act as the point of contact for both GPTech and local stakeholders in Malaita.
- Engage in frequent field visits with the subcontractor responsible for construction quality surveillance and assist to coordinate/facilitate the contractor’s communications regarding construction tendering and payments.
- Meet with construction contractors, construction quality surveillance sub-contractors, and Solomon Island government officials, and assist in ensuring that progress is well coordinated and on schedule.
- Assist in maintaining a database with information related to construction progress.
- Diploma in civil engineering or similar from an accredited institution with at least 10 years of appropriate experience in rural infrastructure or a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or similar subject and at least 5 years of experience
- Strong construction management experience including ability to review contractor work plans, budgets, and work progress
- Experience in construction quality surveillance and meeting construction contractors to ensure that projects accord with engineering designs and specifications, as well as local and national regulations and environmental standards
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, and other local dialects
How to Apply:
All applications should include a cover letter, an updated CV, transcripts, certificates and at least 2 referees. Finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Please send your applications to: [email protected] and [email protected]
Closing date is 24 February 2023.
Green Powered Technology, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. It Is our policy to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under state and federal law. Employment may be contingent upon a successful completion of a background check and/or security clearance.
Related Jobs (1)
BLASTING SUPERVISOR on March 29, 2023 Full Time