IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
Holiday Inn Suva is just steps from the city’s key sights, within 5 minutes’ walk of major banks, embassies, major regional headquarters and historic Government buildings along Victoria Parade. All our bright, modern guest rooms have high-speed internet and a balcony. Our 3 flexible meeting rooms, with wireless Internet and ocean views, provide a unique backdrop for events and you can catch up in the 24-hour Business Centre. Our Sirocco restaurant is a laid-back setting for relaxed dining, while waterfront Bati ni Wai serves pizza al fresco. Enjoy an icy-cold beverages with a big-screen sports channel in Tapa Lounge Bar or listen to live music and enjoy Suva’s sunsets from the pool deck.
Your day to day
We’re looking for an enthusiastic F&B Service and Food Safety Coordinator to support our culinary operations.
Reporting directly to the Culinary Director with dotted line to F&B Service Manager, you will be accountable for coordination and delivery of an exceptional customer service and ensuring adherence food safety compliance.
Your role as F&B Service and Food Safety Coordinator is about daring to connect with our guests/colleagues so that our ways of working are uniquely on brand whilst also demonstrating our service behaviours of True Hospitality. You’ll focus on ensuring our team deliver authentic, memorable experiences for our guests while supporting and developing the team to drive results.
So, what does the day-to-day look like?
Your day to day will be spent working alongside you’re the culinary and service teams to ensure that they operate in compliance with food safety processors and coordinate department logistics, overall supporting delivery of consistent customer services, catching moments with your team and peers to have great development conversations aligned to driving accountability to hotel goals and metrics.
Maintain a high-performance standard among both heart of house and guest contact employees to ensure they are knowledgeable, meticulous, perceptive and curious all times.
You will lead from the front demonstrating that assuring authentic service standards builds trust, whilst continuing to deliver productivity and other key efficiencies such as safety compliance, supplies and manning costs, and inventory management.
- Work in close collaboration with the Health & Safety Officer.
- Comply with the hotel’s rules and regulations with regards to HACCP.
- Ensure compliance to quality and food safety standards and that customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Check food temperature at regular intervals for food at the buffet both hot and cold using temperature probe and laser.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and ensure same is being respected in all concerned outlets.
- Facilitate investigation in food hazard cases and follow up in the scope of customer complaint management.
- Assist to monitor service and food & beverage standards in all outlets so that managers can take corrective actions as necessary.
- Controlling all forms used in the department according to IHG standards for document control.
- Ensure to update and maintain the standard operating procedure.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- You will have 3-4 years previous leadership experience either managing Food & Beverage
Administration or HACCP process
- You will have a strong knowledge of current hotel systems and your warm and approachable
communication style is what you are most known for.
- You have developed a keen ability to build and maintain strong relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, team members and third parties (including contractors) that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand and IHG.
- Degree/Diploma in Tourism/Hotel Management, or Food Hygienist related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills.
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com