This is an ideal role for an up and coming F&B Manager.
A perfect development role for an innovative, enthusiastic and service driven professional.
Reporting to the Resort Manager, and a key member of the executive team, you will be responsible for the day to day operation, events and administrative management of the department.
Located on the beautiful south pacific island of Rarotonga, the capital of the Cook Islands, this position will oversee the operation of the resorts F&B outlets and catering business.
Nautilus Restaurant is an all day venue offering elegant dining options, located on the beach within a 4.5 star beachfront resort. This resort is a flag ship resort for luxury boutique resorts in the Cook Islands. This award winning restaurant offers beachfront dining, international standard cocktail bar, and also caters for private dining, weddings, meetings and corporate events.
Aqua Bar located at Muri Beach Resort (located next door to Nautilus Resort) is a cool and casual cocktail bar overlooks the Muri lagoon and is serving fresh and funky refreshments.
About the role:
Reporting to the Resort Manager, you will oversee the customer experience and daily operations, ensuring the service standards are kept at the highest level and are always exceeding the guest’s expectations. You will be responsible for running am and pm shifts in the Nautilus Restaurant and Aqua Bar operations and have flexibility to plan and co-ordinate events and functions when required.
- Maintain 5 star standards of service, presentation and guest experience overall
- Work with the F&B management team to meet KPIs and budget
- Manage all human resources issues
- Prepare weekly rosters to ensure adequate manpower to meet operational needs
- Prepare daily and weekly operational reports
- Manage operating equipment well being and storage along with managing consumable supplies levels to ensure required levels of inventory are maintained for operational needs.
- Assist with local marketing, promoting the venues for events and functions
- Be responsible for menu updates and distribution.
- Supervise the food and beverage team to ensure that all standards and steps of service are met through all guest’s interactions
- Ensure that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed for each shift
- Act to effectively resolve any guest complaints on the spot
- Co-ordinate and conduct training to ensure the highest standard of service skills, product knowledge and customer service, with company standards and procedures paramount
- Ensure the team comply with Sale of Liquor License obligations and support them in resolving any issues
- Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of various functions.
- Be responsible for coordinating set-ups and seating as well as managing queries to deliver an excellent guest experience.
- Assist in the design and execution of special event themes, ideas, proposals and decorations and determine proper set up, timeline, specific guest needs, buffets, action stations, etc.
- Supporting the F&B team, through event set-up, ceremony and reception
- Communicates all event details effectively with each department
- Oversee the maintenance, update, and restock the inventory of departmental supplies as needed
We look for people with a great attitude and a warm smile, the following attributes and skills will help you succeed in this role
- Minimum 5-year experience leading a restaurant team, ideally in an up market hotel/resort environment
- Possess a very high level of F&B operations, technical skills and product knowledge
- Be knowledgeable with bar operations, with working knowledge of mixology and a proficient sommelier
- Be a strong leader who will work alongside the team and lead by example
- Strong administration, POS software management and inventory management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and manage F&B day to day operations
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Events planning, co-ordination and management experience
We believe in the talent of our management team and offer the opportunity to personally and professionally develop within the entertainment and dining precinct.
We offer a variety of company perks and benefits such as Staff discount on F&B & Spa services at our resorts, return airfare on completion of contract, expat medical insurance, duty meals, just to name a few.
This is a full-time position offering 48 hours per week. If you enjoy working with a fun team in a fast-paced environment this is the job for you!
BENEFITS AND CULTURE:
We believe in our talent and our people and offer the opportunity to personally and professionally develop within entertainment and dining precinct
- Join a recognized brand and market leading facility in the Cook Islands
- Have the opportunity to contribute in the growth and development of the business
- Great culture and team with a multi-cultural workplace
- Approachable and passionate owners
- Join a developing internationally recognized destination in the luxury travellers’ market
- 2-3 year contract
- Salary in NZD$
- Superannuation 5%
- Return airfares
- Expatriate Medical Insurance
- Duty Meals
- 30% Staff Discount on F&B
HOURS OF WORK
- 48 hours per week
- 2 weeks annual leave
- 5 days sick leave
- 3 days Bereavement Leave
Cook Islands government require a Police Clearance from your country of residence and an authorised Medical Report in order to accept applications for permits to work in this country.
For more information on the resort please go to – www.nautilusresortrarotonga.com or visit our Facebook pages – Nautilus Resort Rarotonga
Related Jobs (24)
Commis Chef | F&B Attendant | Trainee – F&B Department | Trainee – Kit Department on September 25, 2023 Full Time
Product Analyst Assistant x2 | South Pacific Specialists x3 on September 22, 2023 Full Time