Lae International School is recruiting.
We currently have a vacancy for the following role:
The Facilities Manager is responsible for operational property and maintenance matters, including general care of all grounds and facilities and day-to-day property and equipment maintenance. The Facilities Manager is responsible for planning and scheduling workloads for Grounds & Maintenance staff and Drivers; coordinating and communicating activities; and maintaining school facilities in safe operating condition to ensure safety to students and staff of the school. The Facilities Manager reports to the Business Manager & Principal and provides support for department supervisors and office staff, works as a liaison for individual properties, and meets with vendors/contractors as needed. In addition, the Facilities Manager coordinates school term break grounds and maintenance activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven maintenance management experience.
- High school certificate or general education.
- Secondary School certificate or equivalent
- Current Motor Vehicle license.
- Be able to work without need for close supervision.
- Ability to prioritise work schedule and meet agreed deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of OHS legislation and requirements.
- Computer skills and literacy.
- Experience and/or training with cultural, ethnic, and language diversity preferred
- Related certificate/degree from a technical college. Specialised certificate/degree will be great (Diploma in Property Management, Carpentry, Building, Plumbing, or equivalent)
- 1st Aid & Adult/Child CPR training
- Hazard Communication Training
All detailed information on the Duties & Responsibilities and Qualifications, Skills & Experience for the above vacancies can be requested by contacting the email address [email protected] or requesting at the reception.
Applications can be addressed to (label as LIS Application – Facilities Manager):
Principal, Lae International School, PO Box 2130, Lae 411, Morobe Province
Or email to: [email protected] (Subject: LIS Application – Facilities Manager)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications Monday 1st May at 9am.
Related Jobs (3)
Senior Program and Grants Manager, Suva, Fiji on June 7, 2023 Full Time
PYP Coordinator on March 16, 2023 Full Time
Instructional Coach on March 16, 2023 Full Time