Lae International School is recruiting.
We currently have a vacancy for the following role:
The Facilities Manager is responsible for operational property and maintenance matters, including general care of all grounds and facilities and day-to-day property and equipment maintenance. The Facilities Manager is responsible for planning and scheduling workloads for Grounds & Maintenance staff and Drivers; coordinating and communicating activities; and maintaining school facilities in safe operating condition to ensure safety to students and staff of the school. The Facilities Manager reports to the Business Manager & Principal and provides support for department supervisors and office staff, works as a liaison for individual properties, and meets with vendors/contractors as needed. In addition, the Facilities Manager coordinates school term break grounds and maintenance activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven maintenance management experience.
- High school certificate or general education.
- Secondary School certificate or equivalent
- Current Motor Vehicle license.
- Be able to work without need for close supervision.
- Ability to prioritise work schedule and meet agreed deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of OHS legislation and requirements.
- Computer skills and literacy.
- Experience and/or training with cultural, ethnic, and language diversity preferred
- Related certificate/degree from a technical college. Specialised certificate/degree will be great (Diploma in Property Management, Carpentry, Building, Plumbing, or equivalent)
- 1st Aid & Adult/Child CPR training
- Hazard Communication Training
All detailed information on the Duties & Responsibilities and Qualifications, Skills & Experience for the above vacancies can be requested by contacting the email address [email protected] or requesting at the reception.
Applications can be addressed to (label as LIS Application – Facilities Manager):
Principal, Lae International School, PO Box 2130, Lae 411, Morobe Province
Or email to: [email protected] (Subject: LIS Application – Facilities Manager)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications Monday 1st May at 9am.