The Pacific Tourism Organization (SPTO) is the mandated organization representing Tourism in the region. It has 21 Government Members and about 145 Private Sector Members. SPTO’s mission is to ensure “Sustainable tourism development through innovative partnerships”.
Due to the following significant changes, the SPTO Strategic Plan 2020-2024 needs to be reviewed, updated and strengthened so as to better inform and guide the work of the organisation in moving forward:
- Organisation restructure and accompanying recommitment to Sustainable Tourism Development
- Internal transformational changes to assist the transition from an output based to an outcome based organisation
- Unprecedented impacts of COVID-19, many of which are expected to have long-term implications
- Support provided to SPTO; focusing on organisational strengthening, digitalization and so forth
Purpose and Scope of Service:
The overall objective of this assignment is to engage a consultant to undertake a thorough review of the existing Strategic Plan and make the relevant recommendations and revisions to ensure that the Strategic Plan is updated, strengthened and relevant to the direction in which SPTO is moving, reflective of the needs of SPTO’s members and stakeholders and applicable to the work undertaken by the respective divisions of SPTO.
Description of Service:
The consultancy aims at reviewing the SPTO Strategic Plan 2020-2024 in close collaboration with the secretariat and relevant stakeholders.
At the minimum, the Consultant is expected to ensure that the revision of the Strategic Plan incorporates and accounts for the following, as well as any other key considerations:
- Conduct a SWOT analysis to capture SPTO’s strengths and weaknesses, in the context of new opportunities, challenges and threats; some of which are highlighted above
- Clearly link the revised Strategic Plan to key organisational policies, frameworks and functions including but not limited to:
– Divisional annual work plans
– Key policies and frameworks including Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL)
Risk & Compliance, Performance Management
-Key regional initiatives like the Pacific Sustainable Tourism Policy Framework (PSTPF) and Pacific Tourism Statistics Strategy (PTSS), Digital Strategy, SPTO NTO Needs Assessment and so forth
- Review and confirm the strategic priorities of the organisation and structure the revised Strategic Plan so as to ensure that it aligns with SPTO’s MEL framework, for the purpose of ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation and learning in relation to SPTO’s strategic goals
- develop a brief accompanying report highlighting the rationale behind each of the suggested changes
Further to the above, the revised Strategic Plan should have a practical level of flexibility to account for unexpected developments and modifications. The consultant will be required to develop an implementation plan in consultation with the Secretariat, which should include a detailed and clear timeframe for the roll out of the activities involved in completing this assignment.
The updated Strategic Plan and brief report will be submitted to the SPTO Board, expected to meet at the end of May, 2021. As such the following timeline must be strictly adhered to:
- The assignment shall start the day after the last signature of the contract and shall be completed by 14th April, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements:
- The selected consultant or agency will have at least 5 years of proven and relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in working with regional organisations’ in a similar capacity would be an added advantage
- Examples of past related work should be provided along with at least 3 references
- EOI documentation should demonstrate that the supplier satisfies the conditions set out in the Terms of Reference and should outline the complete proposal ( personnel information including qualifications and experience, budget, technical proposal and so forth)
- A proposal titled “EOI – REVIEW OF THE SPTO STRATEGIC PLAN” should be submitted by 4pm, Friday 12th March, 2021. This should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The successful supplier will be provided with all relevant documentation
Any queries pertaining to this assignment may be directed to Ms. Tahitia Waqavonovono – email@example.com