Managing energy transition and developing access to clean water and electricity are key challenges for Vanuatu. As the Government’s long-term strategic partner in these matters, UNELCO continues its define and deploy renewable energies and develop the reach of the electric and water systems. To reinforce its team, UNELCO is seeking a business analyst that can assist in the strategy definition, project based financial analysis, high-level legal and regulatory issue-risk assessment, etc. As part of
this strategic role, the Business Analyst will be reporting directly to the Managing Director.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Hold a business or economic or finance degree or equivalent.
- Have at least 5 years of successful professional experience in an area directly related to the responsibilities of this job, for example: business analyst role or a position within a company development dept. or a management consulting role or an investment banking role etc.
ROLES AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Work with the technical department to create business cases and business plans for
renewable energy projects, network extension projects etc.
- Work with the legal and financial department to analyze the strategic and financial
implications of potential legislative and regulatory evolutions
- Prepare simulations and models to analyze and propose tariff proposals
- Conduct data mining and analysis for commercial, marketing, technical, benchmarking
- Prepare memos and recommendations after analysis for the management team
- Prepare compelling internal and external presentations, in particular for the Government, the regulation agency, development partners, foreign diplomatic missions etc.
- Support the finance, HR, commercial, legal and regulation, technical departments when ad hoc projects and business analysis skills are required
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
- Analytical: capacity to analyze a subject, breakdown components and interactions
- Transversality: Capacity to integrate numerous considerations: financial, technical, image, HR, legal-regulatory, political, prior to defining a recommendation, drafting a letter etc.
- Advanced capacity to analyze data, to use appropriate data-analysis software (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, R …) and to present results in a relevant and compelling way
- Superior communication skills and capacity to work effectively with staff from different depts
- Professional level written communication: produce reports, presentations, exec sum, letters that are professional in the content and form with no rework, both in French and in English.
How to Apply
Applications – which must include a CV and motivation letter – should be addressed by mail to the Managing Director, UNELCO ENGIE, P.O. Box 26, Port Vila, Vanuatu or by email to [email protected] no later than December 30th , 2022.