Raffe Hotels & Resorts operates Fiji Gateway Hotel, Plantation Island Resort and Lomani Island Resort, offering a range of products to suit most visitors to Fiji. Nestled in the heart of the Mamanuca Islands and offering an authentic island experience, Plantation Island Resort is a great three-star value for money resort for families, couples and groups. A family-friendly resort where everyone can experience warm Fijian hospitality and make wonderful memories.
In supporting the Executive Chef, you will also be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Ensuring food requirements for each event are planned and operated in line with our event schedules and client requirements, inline with budget requirements.
- Manage a team of permanent, casual and seasonal staff.
- Maintaining Food Safety & hygiene programs are diligently adhered to.
- Cultivate high performing teams by exercising strong leadership, quality mentoring and sound relationship building skills.
- Creative menu’s whilst control and manage budgets allocated.
To be successful in this role you would need to possess the following:
- Commercial cookery qualification (LEVEL 3 and/or Level 4) with 5 yeas of working experience in Hospitality, strongly preferred. 2+ years’ experience as a Sous Chef in a similar role.
- An excellent understanding of all Food Safety Principles, including OHS.
- Availability and flexibility to work across all event day operations (including weekends).
- Strong planning, organisation and execution skills.
- Extensive food knowledge and culinary skill.
- Confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills to grow and maintain positive and professional relationship with all stakeholders.
- Display a calm, rational and professional manner & able to to create & foster a culture of respect and grow a cohesive team.
- Have excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
If you are a “can do” person, who thrives on new challenges and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then we would like to have you as part of our management team. This is a hands-on role where your input into the business will be highly valued and rewarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.