Likuliku Lagoon Resort is a boutique, luxury escape for couples located in the Mamanuca group of islands, featuring 45 bures, including the first over water accomodation in Fiji, a signature restaurant, private function room, two bars, boutique, spa and gymnasium.
The culture is to provide our guests with a genuine, friendly yet professional Fijian experience in what is truly a unique Fijian product.
Likuliku has developed an enviable reputation for its cuisine and is looking for an Executive Sous Chef to maintain and further enhance its culinary reputation as a unique product in its class.
Executive Sous Chef
The successful applicant will work with the Executive Chef to supervise all operational aspects of the kitchen and related outlets. Ensure all employees are following procedures according to stipulated departmental and resort policies and procedures. Maintain strict hygiene and safety procedures. Be responsible for the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef. The ideal applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years experience and proven track record as an Executive Sous Chef or Head Chef in a luxury resort/hotel or luxury property – referees a must
- Portfolio of current work and menu creation
- Well versed and interested in modern international based cuisine, Overseas experience a plus
- Disciplined, passionate, innovative and hands-on
- Effective and efficient in menu design, development, costing and implementation
- Financial understanding of budgets, cost controls and cost of sales
- Strong management of leadership skills including planning, organizing and communication with ability to train, support and motivate kitchen personnel
- Formal and relevant qualification from a recognized institute
- Computer literate and knowledge of MS Office application and MC
- HACCP awareness
- Well versed with End of month stock take and stock rotations
- Experience in ordering and procuring goods necessary with high quality products
- Experience working with different cultures and in remote locations
- Role is for individuals who are committed to excellence
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant. Please note that only applicants with required skills sets will be considered and acknowledged.
If you are a dedicated, true professional who meets the above criteria and have the experience and attitude we require to continue and grow our reputation for providing excellent cuisine and service for our guests, then send your application with current CV and contact details to:
Group Human Resource Officer
Ahura Resorts, PO Box 10044, Nadi Airport
Email: [email protected]
Applications close on 24 November 2023
Related Jobs (20)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time