The Executive Officer position reports directly to the Vice-Chancellor & President (VCP) and ensures that the VCP’s office is provided with executive support. This position will be based at the USP Laucala Campus.
The Executive Officer will provide executive assistance to the VCP, recognising the regional character of USP and its governance structure. The Executive Officer will be the secretary to the Senior Management Team meetings and will provide the VCP with advice, background research, drafting of correspondence, follow-up on actions, and as required, prepare briefings and papers.
The appointee will also be responsible for managing the VCP’s Office and is expected to be well versed with the University Charter, Statutes, respective Ordinances and Policies, functions and business areas, as well as understanding of budgets and office administration.
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A tertiary degree and a postgraduate qualification from a relevant discipline;
- Five (5) years of relevant experience and proven management expertise.
- Working in the Pacific region, with good knowledge of the member Governments’ and University’s mandate will be an added advantage;
- Proven research and data analytic skills for preparation of briefings, presentations and reports;
- Demonstrated personal integrity and professional commitment as well as the personal presence, tact and discretion to gain the respect and trust of key stakeholders and to deal with sensitive and confidential matters;
- Good knowledge of issues and problems facing the region;
- Management experience including staff management;
- Project management experience;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to lead events management;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the USP’s relationship with other agencies such as CROP; and other inter-regional agencies.
Enquiries and further information: Professor Pal Ahluwalia, Vice-Chancellor & President; Email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement
- FJ $69,208 to FJ $84,783 per annum
The closing date for applications is: 11 June 2023
Related Jobs (16)
Tradesman Electrical | Team Leader Information Center | IT Security Engineer on September 27, 2023 Full Time