Iririki Island Resort & Spa is seeking a suitable candidate to appoint for following position
The Housekeeping & Laundry Manager is responsible for running the Housekeeping & Laundry Department day to day operations and also to deliver an excellent Guest experience while managing stock ordering and supplier relationships. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel
- Ensure that rooms and the washing of linen and uniform are made as per company standard.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping & Laundry Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Organize inventories with Accounts for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist Purchasing department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
- Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department
- Formulating washing formula for stained loads
- Co-ordinating with the Engineering Department about their routine maintenance of the equipment and outstanding repairs of machinery
- Overall controlling and supervision of the Housekeeping & Laundry Department
- Record and monitor laundry & housekeeping cost.
- Make reports and recommendations when required.
- Approve distribution of linen to guestrooms and food and beverage department areas.
- Direct all Housekeeping & Laundry staff.
- To ensure the uniform room inspects all uniforms daily for replacement and damage.
- Provide other duties and services as assigned by the Management
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Managerial position preferably in a 4-5 star hotel.
- Strong Operational and Technical Knowledge
- Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills
- Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies
- Should be familiar with computers and hotel applications
- Effective speaking and communications skills
- Critical thinking to recognize problems and identify solutions.
This is a full time position to commence immediately.
How to Apply
Applications with CV and current references must be addressed to:
Iririki Island Resort & Spa
PO Box 230