Raffe Hotels & Resorts operates Fiji Gateway Hotel, Plantation Island Resort and Lomani Island Resort, offering a range of products to suit most visitors to Fiji. Nestled in the heart of the Mamanuca Islands and offering an authentic island experience, Plantation Island Resort is a great three-star value for money resort for families, couples and groups. A family-friendly resort where everyone can experience warm Fijian hospitality and make wonderful memories.
Island based, the Executive Chef will be a ‘hands on, experienced, motivated individual, who has passion for food, people and ownership of their role.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in the Management of day-to-day operations of all food preparation and production.
- Hands-on approach to cooking, training, and development.
- Provide a high level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders.
- Assist with Menu development, food preparation, cost control and stocktaking.
- Ensuring consistent levels of food service throughout the Island.
- Ensuring all OH&S and food safety standards are met and exceeded with practical & theoretical knowledge of OH&S and Food Safety.
- Assist the Group Executive Chef to maximise revenue through creative menu offerings.
- Regularly liaise with guests to enhance the overall ‘personal touch’ approach to service to obtain feedback in order to maintain and improve catering.
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Trade Qualifications is a must and hold a current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate, which would be desirable.
- 10 – 12 years’ overall experience in Hospitality and Tourism with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Commitment to providing excellent food with the ability to step up, drive, train and motivate the kitchen team and develop a culture of success.
- Strong time-management, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Be a leader with a composed manner and have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication across all levels of the business with high personal presentation standards.
- You will be able to work a variety of hours across 7 days per week.
If you are a “can do” person, who thrives on new challenges and consistently delivers to the highest quality, then we would like to have you as part of our management team. This is a hands-on role where your input into the business will be highly valued and rewarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.