IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
We believe every plate tells a story, so, we’re in search for an Executive Chef with a passion for serving truly memorable moments. Our guests seek the highest standard of culinary arts and freshest ingredients. Your role is to go above & beyond expectations, controlling all kitchen operations, engaging customers, and willing to inspire and developing our local kitchen talent.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, and challenging:
- Make every dining experience a feast for the eyes and treat for the tastebuds.
- Directing daily kitchen activities across 4 kitchens and 6 outlets.
- Lead, develop and coach a team of 80 chefs and 20 Stewards.
- Addressing guest feedback.
- Assist Food and Beverage Director plan events and special celebrations.
- Control kitchen finance responsibilities, forecasting and budgeting.
- Develop menus and dinning concepts, create new dishes considering client demands, trends and costs.
- Be on the lookout for new culinary trends and regularly analyze the market.
- Continuous improvement of quality and ensure compliance with F&B standards.
- Implement procedures and ensure they are followed to improve consistency.
- Manage the motivation and professional development of your teams.
- Control rostering, payroll monitoring, working time, planning by working closely with the HR department and kitchen recruitment.
- Be part of the hotel’s senior leadership team and take part in strategical meetings, decisions and business plans.
InterContinental Fiji Golf resort & Spa seek a hospitality professional with International experience, who will enhance and develop our culinary offer to greater heights.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A higher degree in Culinary Arts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role within a luxury establishment.
- International hotel and restaurant experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in menu development, costings, and kitchen budget planning.
- Previously managed high-volume operations with multiple culinary venues.
- Experience with on-site and offsite event catering of 500+ guest.
- You have excellent knowledge of HACCP standards.
- Innovative culinary skills and capacity to exploit new trends and cooking methods.
- Be able to handle high pressure situations.
- Training of kitchen colleagues, identify and mentor future leaders.
- Bring a calm and friendly attitude, willing to absorb the toughest of challenges.
- Willing to work in a team environment and achieve goals together.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Wednesday 8th March , 2023.
Related Jobs (22)
Casual Events Crew on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Chef de Partie/Line Cook on March 31, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Housekeeping Supervisor | Houseman on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Agent on March 30, 2023 Full Time
Recruitment – Likuliku Lagoon resort on March 29, 2023 Full Time