Hornibrook NGI Limited is a major Steel Fabrication and Construction company that is involved in Steel Fabrication, Bridging, Heavy Transport and Building and Construction works. The company is an equal opportunity employer based in Lae, Morobe Province of Papua New Guinea and currently has an immediate vacancy for a qualified and suitable person for this role:
Reporting to the Building Division Manager, the successful applicant for this role will be responsible for estimating and tendering for the Building Division of the company. This is a great opportunity to join a winning team and contribute to the future success of the company.
Main requirements of this role are:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Building or Engineering.
- Must have more than 5 years’ work experience in similar role with building and construction.
- Must have experience in estimating all aspects of building and construction.
- Must have a good understanding of interpreting architectural, structural and mechanical drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) are a position prerequisite.
- Must have strong professional writing skills and experience preparing proposals and tenders.
- Must be able to prepare quotes and tenders with minimal guidance.
- Must be computer literate and competent in Microsoft Office software. Any additional estimating software experience, particularly with CostX, would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of ‘first principles’ estimating.
- Ability to develop a bill of quantities and materials list for procurement purposes, as required
- Ability to mentor and develop Junior estimators.
- Assist in client and stakeholder communication.
- Contribute to a positive team culture and environment.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements may forward their applications together with a current CV, verifiable work references and certificates to;
The HR Manager
Hornibrook NGI Ltd
P.O. Box 1812, Lae.MP
Email: [email protected]
Applications close: Friday 09th June, 2023
Related Jobs (9)
Industrial Attachment- Industrial & Marine Engineering Pte Limited on September 18, 2023 Full Time
Mechanical Fitter- Industrial & Marine Engineering Pte Limited on September 18, 2023 Full Time