The Engineering Assistant role will provide assistance by carrying out inspection, repair, maintenance, modification and or overhaul on Aircraft Maintenance Systems Components for Fiji Airways and or other customers in accordance with relevant Safety Procedures and Manufacturer Manuals.
This role will report to the Engineering Training Coordinator.
- Ensuring working safely, in conformance to the relevant sections of the “Occupation Health and Safety Act”, Safety Management Systems Manual and the Fiji Airways MMOE, Technical Operating Procedures and Line/ETOPS Manuals.
- Ensuring work is carried out in accordance with the approved data issued by the E&M and the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
- Assists the tradesperson/AME carry out aircraft/component maintenance as directed by the Aircraft Maintenance/Workshop Coordinator.
- Promoting and exhibiting disciplined work practices in line with Fiji Airways, CAAF and Aircraft Original Equipment Manufacturer Standards.
- Carrying out instructions issued by the approved engineer or the Coordinator in their work area.
- Complying with the relevant employment contracts, collective agreement and CPPM.
- Promoting and exhibiting behaviour consistent with Fiji Airways values.
- Achieving individual and team goals.
- Performs Maintenance Control Centre duties when directed by the Aircraft Maintenance Coordinator or Manager Aircraft Base & Line Maintenance.
- Graduate Trainees are expected to be self-motivated, show initiative, be an effective communicator, and have the ability to question, challenge and work as part of a team.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by Approved LAME or Aircraft Maintenance/Workshop Coordinator or Line Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Successfully completed an Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course with approved Tertiary organization.
1 year experience in Aviation operations would be desirable.
Applications are open to all Fijians. All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for next steps of the recruitment process.
Applications close on Wednesday, 20 September 2023
If you are interested in this opportunity