We are looking for suitably qualified candidates who will take on the role of Employee Relations Officer. The Employee Relations Officer is responsible to collaborate with managers and employees to ensure continuous performance management while observing employment laws, negotiating during union or employee disputes and to ensure the wider workforce is aware of company policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as performance management liaison for assigned Region schedules regular meetings with respective managers to ensure a continuous performance management is implemented to ensure the employees development and productivity.
- Handling grievances and disputes between employees and their supervisors, managers or co-workers.
- Conducting exit interviews with departing employees to learn about reasons for leaving and recommending improvements to retention strategies.
- Maintaining Organization charts monthly.
- Maintaining a database of employee information such as personnel files and hiring records
- Counsels’ employees regarding work, family, or personal problems.
- Explains company compensation and benefit programs, such as medical, insurance, retirement, and savings plans, and enrolls workers in specified programs.
- Prepares reports and enters and updates medical, insurance, retirement, and other personnel forms and records, using computer.
- Supporting the organization through restructures.
- Ensuring engagement is maintained and managers act in a way that involves their staff.
- Ensuring managers are upskilled to deal with people in a fair and effective manner.
- Identifying areas for training.
- Any other duties delegated by the manager.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, counselling, and negotiation skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action requirements.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Pronto and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least 3 years’ experience within Human Resource Management or equivalent.
If you have the skills and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – Employee Relations Officer in the subject line to:
The Recruitment Officer – People & Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm on Friday, November 24th, 2023