IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Assist the Maintenance Supervisor / Assistant Chief Engineer with general Resort and building minor maintenance and ensure that work is completed to a high standard within your established trade which meets the needs and expectations of your customers. Demonstrates our Winning Way Behaviors: Do the right thing, Show we care, Aim higher, Celebrate difference and Work better together. Provide feedback on the delivery of Room to be yourself commitment: Room to have a great start, Room to be involved, Room to grow & Room for you.
Your Day to Day
- Ensure OH&S standards and procedures are in place and staff receives the relevant training and refresher training to keep their knowledge up to date on hazards, operating procedures, use and maintenance of equipment and emergency response procedures.
- Apply Trade Expertise: Painting; Electrician; Mechanical Engineer; Carpentry; Plumbing & other.
- Maintain the Resort in your qualified trade to the desired standard. Daily inspection and rectification of all public areas in relation to your trade.
- Complete work orders as requested by the Maintenance supervisor or Assistant Chief Engineer / Chief Engineer in relation to your trade and other directives to meet customer requirements. To posses tools pertaining your trade and understand the proper way to use and carry out duties. Initiate/identify project work required in light of your trade throughout the Resort.
- Assist the Maintenance supervisor or Assistant Chief Engineer / Chief Engineer with the design of a preventative maintenance program.
- Use initiative and foresight to undertake tasks outlined within the preventative maintenance program without the direction of the Maintenance supervisor or Assistant Chief Engineer / Chief Engineer.
- Be able to show flexibility to change the schedule in light of guest priorities. General building minor maintenance repairs in relation with your trade.
- Carry out any minor repairs to guest rooms or public areas. Liaise directly with departments regarding the completion of work orders and priorities in order of guest satisfaction.
- Perform all routine preventative maintenance and curative maintenance. Request and monitor fuels, lubricants and repair parts.
- Maintain clean and tidy plant rooms.
- Maintain a level of broader knowledge which enables you to handle minor problems in all fields of the department.
- Attend to all types of repair and maintenance work in the Resort premises, including any new additions or extensions to the Resort or any other properties maintained by the Resort. Repair and maintain guest room facilities, light facilities, furniture and equipment.
- Prioritize work in line with guest requests and management. Inform superior of the status of repairs and pending costs and indicate when it would be reasonable to consider replacement.
- Record daily service work, including maintaining individual replacement costs along with time/task labor hours cost.
- Participate in instructing colleagues on the proper operation, safety procedures and cleaning of all equipment.
- Establish and maintain proper parts inventory levels.
- Conduct and/or participate in staff meeting regarding proper operating and maintenance practices of equipment. Implement and carry out maintenance program in accordance with established timeframes.
- Carry out and document regular inspections of plant and equipment in computerized system. Ensure that appropriate files are maintained and resources kept for future reference.
- Complete daily reports outlining work undertaken for the day. Explore and incorporate environmentally friendly initiatives. Efficient and effective use of recycling methods.
- Follow all health & safety policies and procedures in order to perform work in a safe manner.
- Promptly report workplace hazards, injuries or “near misses” to your immediate Supervisor or Manager.
- Cooperate with Management in the implementation of OHS initiatives and activities, and return to work programs.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
What do we need from you
- In order to provide the best services, you’ll need to have a diverse knowledge of the role, be a team player, be able to interact well with colleagues and also understand the nature of the operations.
- Ideally, you’d have completed 3 years’ experience in a similar position within the Tourism/Hospitality Industry.
- With a Form 7 Pass and a FNU Trade Certificate in Electrical Engineering up to Stage 6. Wireman’s License preferable.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 27th February, 2023.