General description of the organization and the part this role plays
KPSI was formed in 2004 with the purpose of improving Village livelihood. KPSI is a private limited company. KPSI is primarily focused on the production and marketing of Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and cocoa and downstream products. These are produced by rural and regional families and communities of the Solomon Islands. KPSI is establishing a cocoa production facility which will have a number of electrical machinery.
The role is to ensure the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the electrical equipment as well as supervision of other KPSI electrical facilities
Who does this person relate to in their role
- Is responsible to the Warehouse Manager and liaising with the Production Manager
- Liaises with the warehouse and production teams
Primary Purpose of Role:
Purpose of this role is to assist the Warehouse Manager in maintaining and operating all electrical equipment and facilities
Principal Responsibilities, Regulatory obligations, Reports & Problems solving
Principal Responsibilities are to Assist the Warehouse Manager to
- To maintain all electrical equipment
- To assist with the operation of all electrical equipment
- To ensure all electrical facilities are safe and operating effectively
- To assist with any modifications and installations.
- To ensure all staff know how to operate the equipment safely.
- Solomon Power regulations
- Workplace safety
Report and Records
- Equipment maintenance records and reports
- Ensure no machinery breakdowns or accidents.
Goals & Measurable Outcomes / Key Performance Indicators
I am successful in this role when
- All electrical machines operate safely and effectively.
- No accidents or injuries to staff in warehouse
Essential & Desirable skills, knowledge & Experience
a) Electrical qualification
b) The ability to learn quickly and
c) Enjoy physical work
a) Electrical experience
b) Driving & forklift license and experience
c) Mechanical aptitude
d) Experience with handling machinery and equipment
e) Effective communication skills
f) Minimum of form six
The Electrical & Machinery officer will be paid a salary commensurate with their qualifications and experience but probably within the $20,000-$35,000 pa range as well as the normal benefits stated in the KPSI staff policy.
How to Apply
Applications to [email protected]
Closing date is Wednesday 15th February 2023.
Related Jobs (1)
BLASTING SUPERVISOR on March 29, 2023 Full Time