Yasawa Island Resort, a boutique resort located in the Yasawa Group of islands, is seeking searching for a dependable, energetic duty manager to perform supervisory tasks at our remote, luxury resort. The duty manager should be a point of communication between all departments, delegate pertinent duties, and enforce our facility’s policies. You should also strive to inhibit security breaches.
As a duty manager at our family-owned and village-operated resort, you should commit to offering personal and memorable guest support. Ultimately, a fantastic duty manager will utilise their brilliant coordination techniques to encourage our facility’s efficiency, support our local workers and assist general management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises all sections and improvements in operation where she/he finds opportunities to develop service standard.
- Ensures good communication and cooperation between front office department and other departments.
- Personally resolves any problem a guest may face, endeavours to provide the maximum service possible always with a margin for flexibility.
- Liaise closely with departments to ensure that all incoming guests requirements are met.
- Conduct pre-arrival bure checks with strict enforcement of cleanliness and maintenance issues
- Personally welcomes guests and takes them to their rooms
- Ensure the Daily Sheet is accurate and correct for all departments
- Conducts daily briefings with HODs and management
- Assist Front Office Manager in and Front Office Team in administrative and accounting tasks, and complete FOM duties when they are absent
- Monitor team attendance and leave calendar
- Conducts regular inspections of Lobby, Boutique, Library and ensure Front Office team are maintain presentation and standards
- Communicate with management concerning movement of guests, guest comments, movement of staff and staff issues.
- Monitors out of hours phone to take any emergency calls
- Conforms to the company’s Policies & Procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management
- Hospitality Diploma or university or tertiary qualifications.
- Relevant on the job experience
- Two or more years of progressive managerial experience in a luxury
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
- Excellent people skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and work hard.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Software platforms.
- Basic food and beverage service including kitchen skills.
- Excellent knowledge of guest related functions and guest service.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Is self-motivated and can work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure in all aspect of the job.
- Physically fit to handle operational demands.
- Must be able to work on your feet while maintaining a smile and positive attitude.
- Work closely and respectfully with a live-in team
Applications with one passport size photo and your detailed CV including referees, copies of references, evidence of qualifications and experience, with telephone contact should be emailed to the following address no later than 24th March
Email: [email protected]
We apologise for not being able to reply to all those that apply. Only applicants meeting the
criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
Related Jobs (22)
Commis Chef | F&B Attendant | Trainee – F&B Department | Trainee – Kit Department on September 25, 2023 Full Time
Product Analyst Assistant x2 | South Pacific Specialists x3 on September 22, 2023 Full Time