IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
Are you a passionate hospitality professional with a commitment to exceptional guest experiences? InterContinental Fiji is seeking a dedicated and experienced Duty Manager to join our team. As a Duty Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our resort, maintaining our high standards, and providing outstanding services to our guests.
Your day to day
- Provide personalised and anticipatory service to guests, catering to their individual preferences and needs.
- Together with our Guest Services Manager and Front Office Manager, you will assist in leading, training and mentoring the Front Office team to deliver exceptional service and uphold the InterContinental brand standards.
- Champion the launch of a new “Inspire Incredible” brand culture with the Front Office team, which captures what makes being part of InterContinental so special.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure smooth guest arrival, departures and special requests.
- Act as the main point of contact for guests and colleagues in the absence of the senior leadership team.
- Ensures VIPs and Loyalty members receive special attention.
- Monitors appropriate standards of conduct, uniform, hygiene, and appearance of colleagues.
- Analyses the rate variance report to ensure room revenue control.
- Fully conversant with all hotel emergency procedures.
- Implement effective communication of guest feedback with all Front Office team members always ensuring quality customer service.
- Train colleagues how to effectively handle guest complaints, ensuring management follow up where necessary.
- Review quality audit checklist for Front Office, regularly involving the Front Office team in this.
- Ensure all hotel systems are customer focused.
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their requests, questions and concerns.
- Tertiary qualification in Tourism or Business Management or equivalent.
- Full Fijian driver’s license with the ability to operate both manual and automatic vehicles.
- Communication skills – guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to.
- The ability to work under pressure and possess great attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility– night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- Experience – ideally you’ll have spent at least two years in a front desk or guest service position in a 5 star property.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Friday 29th September, 2023.
Related Jobs (20)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time