CARE is an international humanitarian and development organisation fighting global poverty, with a vision to which focuses on empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
CARE has been working in Vanuatu since 2008 helping communities to increase their resilience to disasters and climate change, respond to emergencies and to advance gender equality. CARE in Vanuatu has a long term program strategy which seeks to contribute to resilience and equality in Vanuatu where men, women, boys and girls enjoy equal rights and opportunities.
It has three programmatic portfolios (Gender Equality, Resilience, and Inclusive Governance) that involves a diverse range of donor funded projects, delivered in partnership with government and civil society.
CARE in Vanuatu is looking for a Driver to be based in our Port Vila office.
Your major responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Provide safe transportation for all passengers in the vehicle (CARE staff, INGO staff, partners, project beneficiaries, visitors) and follow all driving rules, regulations and procedures as per the CARE Vanuatu Vehicle Policy and adhere to CARE’s vehicle safety and security policies (such as wearing seatbelts)
- Transport any goods, communications and messages are required and provide assistance with loading and unloading of the car;
- Vehicle log sheet and fuel management.
- Not limited to driving and maybe requested to undertake other operational tasks and maintenance works around the office
Required qualifications and skills:
- Completed High School Education, preferably with a certificate in auto mechanics;
- Minimum 1 year driving experience, preferably with an Non-Government Organisation (NGO);
- Valid Vanuatu Driver’s license, preferably with four wheel drive experience;
- Knowledge of basic vehicle repairs and maintenance;
- Good communication skills in both Bislama and basic knowledge of English is an advantage;
- Ability to work within clearly defined routines and plans; repetitive manual duties, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team
- A willingness to learn how to manage and acquit a small cash advance
- Good interpersonal skills including, open mindedness, willingness to learn, team spirit, good attitude and personality
- Demonstrated flexible approach and ability to work under pressure and to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines and
- Demonstrated honesty, reliable and trustworthy
In return for your commitment, you will benefit from ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
To find out more about this rewarding opportunity please sent your cover letter and CV in English before 31 January 2023 , quoting the reference ‘ CIV2301 ’ as the subject of the email/letter
Mail: Port Vila Susie Jacobus, Human Resource Coordinator, PO Box 1129, Port Vila Vanuatu
Tanna Paul Shem, Senior Administration Officer CARE Office Isangel, Tanna
Email: [email protected]
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE is committed to protecting the rights of children and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE reserves the right to conduct background checks and screening procedures to ensure both child and work safe environment.