The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)[i] Fiji Office is seeking a suitably qualified person to work as Driver/Office Assistant.
1. The essential duties for this position are:
(1) Ensures proposition of reliable and safe driving services.
(2) Ensures timely collection & delivery of mails, quotations, LPOs, etc.
(3) Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicles.
(4) Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of vehicles.
(5) Ensures availability of all required vehicular documents/supplies.
(6) Supports logistics work.
(7) Supports administrative work.
(8) Supports security work.
(9) Supports reception work.
2. The qualification requirements are:
(1) Pass Year 13 education or equivalent with a full driver’s license and to have an untarnished Police record.
(2) Minimum of 3 years work experience as a driver.
(3) Must have a good knowledge of local road conditions in Fiji.
(4) Have a high standard of both spoken and written English.
(5) Preferably computer literate especially in office software packages (MS word, Excel, etc.).
(6) Have a pleasant personality and can develop good relationship with all people.
(7) Willing to provide support and encouragement to all staff in any difficult situation.
(8) Resides within 30 minutes away from JICA Office – Lami/Nakasi corridor is most preferable.
3. An attractive (negotiable) salary will be offered to the successful applicant prior to the signing of the contract.
4. Contract shall be on an annual basis.
Interested candidates shall apply by Emailing their application letter, copies of certified documents and recent CV in English through [email protected] under the subject Confidential: Driver/Office Assistant. Applications close by 4:30 pm on 22 September 2023.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be informed.