Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
About the Program
Cardno has been engaged by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to manage the Building Community Engagement in Papua New Guinea (BCEP) Program. BCEP represents a significant investment in promoting participatory democracy in PNG, with a goal to strengthen citizen-government engagement for improved service delivery and provision of public goods. This will be achieved by pursuing two end outcomes:
- Selected state and non-state actors collaborate effectively to solve targeted development problems; and
- Targeted PNG decision-makers explicitly promote gender equality and inclusive social norms.
The BCEP Program consists of five distinct, but inter-related thematic components to be managed as an integrated whole and will be implemented using a portfolio of partners:
- Component 1: PNG Coalitions for Change
- Component 2: Media Partnerships
- Component 3: Social Accountability Partnerships
- Component 4: Church Partnerships
- Component 5: Government of PNG Partnerships
About the Role
Reporting to BCEP’s Operations Director, the Driver & Administration Support Officer will provide support to the BCEP operations team and program team.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Provide transportation for the program, staff pickup and drop off, airport collection and transport of visitors.
- Assist the operations team to obtain quotations and raise procurement requisitions for small value purchases.
- Assist the finance team to deliver purchase orders, payment transfers to the bank and/or suppliers, conduct petty cash purchases for minor office expenditure.
- Collect airline tickets, vouchers, and equipment for program teams.
- Deliver visa applications for official travel to various embassies/consulates and collect visas.
- Assist international staff in the facilitation of driving licenses or certification of documents.
- Liaise with vehicle rental companies as needed.
- Proactively assist teams and work flexibly across the program.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Conduct weekly vehicle inspections and submit forms to the Security & Safety Officer to compile reports.
- Follow up on safety sticker renewal and registrations.
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicles need, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tire condition and report to Supervisor for action.
- Obtain quotes for vehicle maintenance.
- Check oil, water, and tires properly and keep vehicles in a clean condition, both inside and outside.
- Ensure first aid kits are in all vehicles and are stocked.
- Update monthly mileage records and provide data to Supervisor for monthly operations reporting.
- Perform other duties as required.
To learn more about this role, please copy and paste this link: https://bit.ly/3w7rIB2 to access further details on the role including an outline of the key responsibilities and primary outputs.
How to Apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Apply by submitting your resume and covering letter outlining your suitability for this role. Applications close on 26th May 2022.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Thank you for your interest, kindly note, that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients, and communities thriving. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and well-being, and to help you balance your career and personal life.
Cardno and are committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, fraud and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Related Jobs (1)
Quality Control Line Inspector – Viti Foods Pte Limited on August 3, 2022 Full Time