World Vision PNG is a child focus Christian humanitarian organization established in 1983. Its program aims to improve the well-being of communities especially children through sustainable development, humanitarian emergency affairs (HEA) and advocacy.
The heart of World Vision’s work is in helping communities build stronger and healthier relationships. World Vision helps communities help themselves. World Vision focuses on children because they are the best indicator of a community’s social health. When children are fed, sheltered, schooled, protected, valued, and loved, a community thrives.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure safe and timely mobility of World Vision staff and support all administration activities, visitors as and when required and to ensure Maintenance of vehicles and prepare and document vehicle related documents in an orderly manner.
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Employees and guest
- Drive the assigned vehicle and attend to the assigned duties on a timely manner.
- Conduct regular checks on vehicles for status
- Ensure regular checkups, cleanliness of the vehicle – maintenance of vehicles and attend to repairs and defects Maintain logbook and take the signature of the users.
- Fuel consumption and efficiency
- Maintain fuel consumption records on a monthly basis.
- Be responsible to keep all vehicle documents like tax token, route permit, fitness and insurance certificates updated before expiry dates.
- Ensure all security clearances are given for the deployment of the staff.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Transport rules and regulations
- Safety and security rules and first aid measures.
- 3 years driving experience
- Oral communication skills in Pidgin and Basic English.
- Willingness to work under pressure.
- Live a lifestyle in keeping with WV PNG Values and principles.
A competitive salary, benefits, and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge, and qualifications. Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police & Medical Clearance Certificate (within the first 3 months of issuance) to:
P&C Recruitment Team
World Vision Papua New Guinea
P.O Box 4254, Boroko, 111, NCD
Email: [email protected]
Or drop the application in person at the World Vision office in Southern Cross Compound, Ruta Place, Gordons, Port Moresby, on or before; Wednesday, 05th April 2023. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned with our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks, where possible.
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Related Jobs (7)
SHIPPING DOCUMENTATION – OFFICER (LAE) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
REEFER TECHNICIAN (LAE) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
TRAILER DRIVERS (POM) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
ALLOCATOR, SUPPLY CHAIN (QUARRIES) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Carptrac – Heavy Mobile Plant Technician (West) on May 22, 2023 Full Time
Pilot Positions in Air Niugini on May 2, 2023 Full Time