- Position Level: Salary Band B ( $5.37 – $6.89 per hour)
- Duty Station: Labasa
- Reporting Responsibilities:
a) Reports To: Senior Immigration Officer – North
b) Liaises With: Internal and External stakeholders
c) Subordinates: Nil
The position will perform a range of functions including driving and maintaining vehicle;
undertaking messenger duties and providing general assistance related to the efficient operation of
The position will achieve its purpose through the following;
- Transportation of office staff for work-related purposes, including meeting and workshops and
any other runs assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Preparation and completion of running sheets by keeping proper records of mileage, refueling
and servicing to ensure a proper audit trail
- Ensure the safety of the vehicle and passengers at all times when on duty.
- Ensure vehicles are serviced on time and schedule vehicle servicing time with Transport
- Collection and delivery of mails and other materials as required to and from the post office,
Government agencies and other Ministries.
- Responsible for the vehicle they drive by ensuing daily checkup and must see that they are
kept in good running order and free from damage and accidents and report on defects, accidents
- Support the team by providing administrative support including photocopying, collating,
binding and distributing documents as instructed.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators;
- Driving duties carried out in compliance with Road Rules and regulations as governed by the
Land Transport Authority and Ministry‘s Transport policy.
- Government vehicle is in best running condition, cleaned and properly garaged before and
after days run.
- Daily running sheets accurately completed and submitted to the transport Officer within
- Servicing on Government vehicle is reported to Transport Officer and Conducted within the
A Form 6 Pass qualification or equivalent relevant experience. The following Knowledge,
Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this roles
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years clean driving experience in a public or private sector
- Understanding of traffic act and other transport rules and regulation of the land transport
- Valid Group 2 License and clean driving record
- Attainment of a Certificate in Defensive Driving is compulsory
- Sound Knowledge on basic car maintenance
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent driving skill
- Displays personal integrity, honesty and discretion
- Good communication and basic writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and beyond normal hours
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the operation and corporate
environment of the organization
PERSONAL CHARACTER AND ELIGIBILITY
Applicants for employment within the Fiji Civil Service must be Fijian Citizens, under the age of
60, in sound health with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide
a medical certificate and police clearance prior as a condition of employment.
The Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged
from all eligible, qualified applicants. All applicants must address the specific knowledge,
experience, skills and abilities required for the job, as this criteria will be considered in assessing
the relative suitability of applicants.
Apply online on https://immigration.gov.fj/driver/