We at PNG Air pride ourselves as the leading domestic airline operating over 26 ports across the length and breadth of Papua New Guinea as the Airline of Choice. Operating the largest fleet of ATR 72-600 series in the region complimented with a fleet of DASH-8. We are committed to providing affordable excellent experience with value fares and competitive cargo rates, ensuring reliable and safe on time service to our valued customers and stakeholders.
The Safety, Quality & Compliance Division is seeking for a suitable Document Writer based in Port Moresby. Reporting to the Manager Document and Data Control, your primary responsibility will be amending Company, operational and technical manuals, distributing amendments, maintaining the registers of document holders and copies and maintaining the aircraft flight libraries.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Carrying out amendments to airline operational manuals, and aircraft, component and support equipment technical manuals in a variety of formats held in Port Moresby
- Distributing and tracking to completion, amendments to manuals held outside Port Moresby
- Assist in Maintaining the aircraft flight libraries
- Assist in Maintaining the Part 145 Maintenance Organisation Technical Library
- Advising the Manager Document & Data Control on managing and controlling operational manuals and producing documents on the given timeframe.
- Liaising with the Manager Document & Data Control on aircraft, component and support equipment technical manuals development and changes when required.
- Assisting the Manager in promoting the use and development of the documentation processes and procedures in this manual.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or a Bachelor’s degree in English, communications or journalism.
- Prior experience in Aviation or document or library related activity is an advantage but not essential.
The successful applicant will demonstrate;
- Thoroughness and accuracy in processing paperwork particularly in writing.
- An ability to think logically and show great attention to detail.
- A high degree of tolerance to repetitive work.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Suitability to work in a demanding team environment.
- A desire to grow in a document and data management environment.
- Flexibility in dealing with a high workload.
- A confident personality.
This position suits a person new to the workforce. Training and mentoring will be provided.
PNG Air requires all new employees to produce a police clearance and undergo a pre-commencement drug and alcohol screening, which must return a satisfactory result.
To apply, please send your application to:
If you are not contacted 10 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 12th May 2023
PNG Air Is An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Related Jobs (7)
SHIPPING DOCUMENTATION – OFFICER (LAE) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
REEFER TECHNICIAN (LAE) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
TRAILER DRIVERS (POM) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
ALLOCATOR, SUPPLY CHAIN (QUARRIES) on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Carptrac – Heavy Mobile Plant Technician (West) on May 22, 2023 Full Time
Pilot Positions in Air Niugini on May 2, 2023 Full Time