VACANCY – DISTRIBUTION CENTER SAFETY OFFICER
CPL Group is seeking applications from self-motivated, energetic, customer focused and passionate individuals to apply for the position of Distribution Center Safety Officer. Reporting to the Head of Safety, the Distribution Center Safety Officer is responsible for reviewing, developing, maintaining and implementing Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) practices and industry best practices to meet regulatory requirements. The Distribution Center Safety Officer will ensure safe systems of work and safe behavioral practices are practiced all levels of the Distribution Centre (Supply Chain) as part of organizations drive to improve safety culture and performance.
The successful applicant should possess the following skills & qualification:
- Review, develop, implement and improve workplace health, safety and environmental systems, processes and procedures in accordance with ISO standards and industry best practices.
- Work with Food Safety Officers to review, develop, implement and improve workplace food safety management (FSP) practices.
- Implement and coordinate OHS procedures onsite. Ensure site safety requirements are complied with.
- Communicate and promote OHS awareness through inductions, training and toolbox meetings for employees and site visitors.
- Prepare documentation for hazardous and high risk activities conducted on site.
- Conduct regular OHS inspections and follow up on corrective actions identified.
- Conduct OHS/FS risk assessments for routine and non-routine activities in consultation with the operations team.
- Record and report OHS key performance indicators on a monthly basis and issue reports as necessary.
- Develop, implement and encourage behavioral based safety culture in the warehouse through safe job observations.
- Perform daily walk through within the premises to monitor and promote a safe workplace.
- Conduct OHS incident investigations and prepare required reports in consultation with management.
- Coordinate with stakeholders in arranging waste disposal pest control and treatment.
- Report any OHS/FS incident immediately as per OHS incident reporting procedures.
- Cert IV in WHS or relevant field
- At least 3 years industrial experience in OHS role or similar.
- Proficiency in OHS management systems and practices.
- Proficiency in project management and organisational skills, and ability to manage varied
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you have the skills and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – DISTRIBUTION CENTER SAFETY OFFICER in the subject line to:
The Recruitment Officer – People & Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm on Thursday, April 06, 2023
Related Jobs (79)
RFQ: General Office Renovation Works on June 9, 2023 Contractual
Carpenters Motors – Credit Officer (Suva) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Carpenters Motors – Automotive Technician (Labasa) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Carpenters Motors – Sales Executive (Nadi) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Carpenters Motors – Service Advisor (Labasa) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Junior Structural Engineer (Design) on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Night Auditor on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Reservations Consultant on June 9, 2023 Full Time
Drivers (heavy and light PSV) on June 9, 2023 Full Time