IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
What is the job?
We are looking for an experienced Director of Sales & Marketing with the strategic nous to drive hotel performance and ensure we achieve our commercial goals. The Director of Sales & Marketing will be accountable for the strategic business development, sales execution, marketing, and public relations for the hotel.
A little taste of your day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
Responsible for developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, , tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Managing daily sales activities and coaching your team to deliver to their full potential.
- Creating and implementing sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase food, beverage and banquet sales.
- Leading marketing efforts to up-sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
- Ensure team has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and external contacts (example: guests, airliners, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team members who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations & provide a high-level of service excellence to our resort guests. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field.
- Five or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales and marketing team.
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required.
- High level of written and verbal Business English. Other language will be an advantage.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive benefit package including, term life cover, free transfers from Nadi and Sigatoka to the resort and back, birthday leave, paid community service leave, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 22 May, 2023.