Ready to show our guests you mean business? We’re searching for a new Director of Events to facilitate meetings and events. Acting as a brand ambassador and trusted partner – you’ll make every interaction between planners, hosts and meeting attendees feel effortless.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Being the key link between teams and departments to drive collaboration, plan activity and create an environment where everyone can thrive.
- Leading and developing the Events team to deliver Incredible Occasions for clients, exceeding expectations at every opportunity.
- Taking responsibility for developing yourself and providing a supportive environment for others
- Building collaborative partnerships and networks to deliver great results.
- Ensuring successful and memorable client experiences as their key point of contact
- Working closely alongside planners to build strong working relationships with daily briefings.
- Ensuring guest safety, environmental impact and business needs always remain a priority.
- Conducting pre-event and post-event meetings to continually improve the client experience.
What we need from you
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal strong skills
- Strong Business acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree/higher education qualification/equivalent in hospitality or related field
- 5+ years total experience in a catering setting or related field
- +3 years of direct supervisory experience over a sales/catering team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Must speak English fluently.
- Position may have additional qualifications per brand standard.
- Flexibility – due to the nature of the hospitality industry, weekends and public holidays are commonly rostered and your shifts will vary to reflect business demands.
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including, medical health cover, dental, optical, term life cover, paid birthday leave, community service leave, impressive F&B and room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
How to apply:
Send you updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Applications closes Friday 8 December 2023 at 4pm.