THE PNG UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following position within the University.
Appropriate Technology & Community Development Institute (ATCDI)
ATCDI is the community outreach arm of the University that aims to link Unitech with communities of rural and semi-rural areas in the provisions of community development projects and programs through the application of appropriate technology and development information.
The institute has programs in Appropriate Technology, Energy, Water and Sanitation, Food and Downstream Processing and Community Development Information. The staff of these sections are actively engaged in research and design of technology appropriate for rural areas aimed at improving the living standards of the people.
Director of ATCDI – (re-advertised)
The Director will provide overall leadership and management of both the operation and administrative aspects of ATCDI in ensuring that the Institute achieves its purposes and key objectives:
- Develop short and long term plans, manage assets, propose budgets, implement financial & administrative controls, and provide scheduled reports to ATCDI Board
- Ensure a competent workforce to implement programs of the Institute through appropriate performance management, training, mentoring and coaching programs.
- Monitor and evaluate the programs or projects of the Institute
- Promote the Institute, both at the national and international levels
- Collate and disseminate information through the Community Development Information program
- Ensure funding proposals or submissions for ATCDI activities are prepared well for presentation to stakeholders
- Ensure budget proposals for projects are prepared accurately for communities and stakeholders
- Promote collaborative activities with other University departments as well as external collaborators
- Ensure Occupational Health and Safety Standards are enforced
The ideal candidate for this position must;
- Possess a Masters Degree in Science, Engineering or Management
- Must have a minimum of 5 or more years’ experience in research and development (R&D) activities, community development work, academia or project management
- Mature with strong and proven leadership, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure, extended hours or travel at short notice on University requirements.
- Be able to lead, mentor and train others.
- Be proactive, honest and reliable, industrious and of sober habits
Director 1 – ATCDI PGK51, 978 – PGK63, 528 per annum
Domestic Market Allowance PGK8, 681 – PGK12, 687 per annum
Director 2 – ATCDI PGK69, 867 – PGK85, 393 per annum
Domestic Market Allowance PGK16, 026 – PGK21, 368 per annum
Director 3 – ATCDI PGK82, 472 – PGK100, 799 per annum
Domestic Market Allowance PGK17, 682 – PGK23, 715 per annum
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
Detailed application with updated curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and addresses preferably email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer, should be sent to:
The Executive Director – Human Resources
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Applicants are encouraged to email all applications in one pdf file to [email protected] with an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
- Deadline for all applications is on Friday 29th December 2023 at 4:06pm
- Previous applicants need not re-apply.
- ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONTACTED.