The University of the South Pacific (USP) is the premier tertiary institution in the Pacific region. Established in 1968, it is committed to international standards of research and teaching excellence, with an emphasis on key regional issues. USP is jointly owned by 12 member countries: Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu. Courses are offered face-to-face at our main campuses (predominantly at Laucala Campus where this position is based), as well as by online and blended modes, in order to cater for students spread across 33 million square kilometres of ocean, on both sides of the international dateline. This location at the heart of the world’s most linguistically diverse region makes USP a fascinating institution in which to work.
The Division of Marketing and Communications is looking for a Digital Media Lead. The Digital Media Lead will be responsible for planning, executing and managing the digital marketing efforts of the University. This includes creating and implementing strategies for social media, email marketing, website content, and other digital platforms. The incumbent will work closely with the marketing team to ensure that all digital campaigns are aligned with the overall marketing strategy of the university and are designed to increase enrollment numbers in the region.
The incumbent will be critical in driving market engagement by developing and executing targeted campaigns that reach potential students and engage them with the University. This will require creative content development and market analysis of trending and emerging platforms.
In addition to increasing community engagement, the incumbent will also be responsible for managing the University’s online reputation and building brand awareness through digital channels. This includes monitoring and responding to online reviews, engaging with followers on social media, and creating content that showcases the University’s unique value proposition and highlights its strengths.
The position description can be downloaded by clicking on the link: https://www.bfound.net/Company/2090-20234703014734.pdf
The Person we Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A degree and a postgraduate qualification in related field; and
- Five (5) years of relevant experience and proven management expertise;
- In exceptional cases and only with the prior endorsement of the Executive Director People and Workforce Strategy and upon approval from the Vice-Chancellor and President, a degree or professional qualification with significant relevant industry/professional experience may be considered.
- Experience working in a Marketing and Communications Office;
- A strong portfolio of previous online campaigns;
- Experience shooting and editing creative images and videos suitable for online media;
- Excellent computer skills with a good working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, word processing packages, Powerpoint, internet and email are essential;
- Possesses skills relating to the production of audio, video and images as well as the basic web skill such as HTML/CSS;
- The ability to write clear, literate, concise digital content is essential;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Works autonomously to plan and prioritise their own workload.
Enquiries and further information: Ms. Jenies Mudiliar, Director, Marketing & Communication Email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
- FJ$69,208 to FJ$84,783.35 per annum
The closing date for applications is: 03 December 2023
Related Jobs (11)
CONTACT-CENTRE OPERATOR, ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE CENTRES on February 20, 2024 Full Time
Digital Communication/Sales & Content Creation Executive on February 16, 2024 Full Time
Digital Communication/Sales & Content Creation Executive on February 12, 2024 Full Time