Hastings Deering (PNG) Limited is one of the largest Caterpillar dealer networks in the world. We sell, service and support the complete range of Caterpillar machinery used in the mining, construction, agricultural, materials handling and government sectors. Over the last 70 years, we have built a reputation for hiring and developing the industry’s best and delivering an exemplary level of service to our customers and colleagues.
About the Role:
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Diesel Fitter to join the Service Team based in our Lihir Business Centre.
This role primarily exists to support the product sold through the Company by diligently carrying out service maintenance, repair and recondition jobs of all Caterpillar components and machinery as directed to a satisfactory standard of quality workmanship and in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, your competency and experience will include:
- Ensure safety goals are achieved through personal commitment, no harm to self or others and participation in safety initiatives.
- Ensure customer expectations and service standards are understood and delivered within agreed timeframes
- Perform maintenance, repair and recondition jobs on all equipment sold and/or serviced by the Company as directed by Leading Hand or immediate supervisor
- Research and consult the correct and latest service information systems for specific procedures, instructions and specifications
- Ensure, upon completion of the job, the machine is tested for correct operation and a completion tag is placed on the machine within eyesight range of the operator
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Diesel Fitter trade qualification
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent
- Technical and product knowledge of Caterpillar equipment and operating system
- Competent using CAT SIS and ET
- Skills to effectively diagnose and repair electrical systems
- Competent in the repair, rebuild and maintenance of large earth moving equipment
- Experience executing warranty repairs and reports would be highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills, proven understanding of safe work practices
To express interest for this challenging and rewarding role, submit your application including current updated CV, copies of certificates, references, police clearance and apply via our Workday Career page.
To Apply: Click on the “Apply” button.
Enquiries: Please call our HR Team on (675) 300 8300
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close Friday 8th December 2023
Related Jobs (9)
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 21, 2024 Full Time
Engineer – Customer Service – Based in Lami Head Office on February 19, 2024 Full Time
Senior Marine Resource Economist / Marine Resource Economist on January 17, 2024 Full Time