Vacancy Notice 03/23
World Vision is a Christian international and locally registered relief and development agency, which has been working in the Solomon Islands for over 30 years. Our vision is to work for a world that no longer tolerates poverty. We work with communities as partners in sustainable development initiatives. World Vision Solomon Islands (WVSI) also responds to humanitarian emergencies.
World Vision Solomon Islands invites applications from interested and qualified candidates for the position of:
Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Team Lead – to be based in Country Program Office, Honiara.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision is a global relief, development, and advocacy organization that works with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Inspired by our Christian values, we work with the world’s most vulnerable people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
The Design Monitoring and Evaluation (DME) Team Leader will functional management of the Design Monitoring and Evaluation Team including management of DME processes, procedures, and team management. The role will support team members in developing project-related tasks such as approval of log frames, results frameworks, M&E Plans, ITTs, and other similar project assets. The Team Leader will provide daily/weekly/monthly troubleshooting support on issues as identified by DME Coordinators. The Team Leader will support the planning and tracking of DME Coordinator tasks to ensure cohesive workflow for each grant and regular support to project teams. This position will be responsible to
- Ensure data integrity by ensuring that data collection is high quality and meets donor standards.
- Create and maintain a monitoring management system and make needful changes based on the selected indicators and processes.
- Coordinate the delivery of baselines, evaluations, and assessments with external consultants, internal project teams, and other stakeholders
The purpose of the DME Team Lead position is to:
- Lead the DME Team to provide technical support to WVSI through quality and timely Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DME) processes in order to ensure accountability, effectiveness, efficiency and learning during the life of programs and projects.
- Ensure that DME teams provide WVSI leadership with reliable and accurate information to enable informed decision-making and to implement strategic initiatives.
- Ensure that the DME team supports grant acquisition and management by providing accurate and timely data.
- Supervise WVSI’s community accountability system to ensure that the voices of community members influence WVSI’s programming approaches, and any concerns are brought to the attention of senior leadership.
- Maintain a robust knowledge management system that is easily accessible by the organization.
Provide technical leadership to DME Officers to build staff capacity through on-the-job training.
All applicants MUST provide the following:
- An Expression of Interest letter addressing the above criteria
- An updated Curriculum Vitae, Transcripts and Certificates of academic achievements
- Names and contacts of Three Referees which includes previous and current employers
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination Status – must be complete For detailed information of the above position, please request a copy of the Job Description from the World Vision Solomon Islands Office, Smile n Shine Building, opposite Melanesia Pacific Haus, Town Ground.
All applications should be addressed to: People & Culture Department, World Vision Solomon Islands Country Office, P O Box 1359, Honiara. Applications can be mailed to the above address or hand delivered to your nearest World Vision SI Office located at the Smile & Shine Building opposite the Pacific Melanesia Haus or emailed to [email protected]
Contact the People & Culture Department on Phone: 23092/7102127 for more information.
Closing date for all applications is before 5:00pm 31st March 2023.
World Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females are Encouraged to Apply.
“We are committed to protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment types are conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal records where possible”
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only be reaching out to those applicants whose applications are deemed successful. We thank you for your interest in working with World Vision Solomon Islands.