Woodford International School is an authorized IB World School and Cambridge International Accreditation Center. It is the premier international school in the Solomon Islands, offering the Primary Years Programme in the Primary School, and Cambridge Lower secondary, Upper Secondary and Advanced in the Secondary School. Woodford is committed to the development of responsible global citizens and leaders through a balanced approach to learning and life.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced educational leaders to join Woodford International School as Deputy Head of School for Teaching and Learning. Actively working with our teachers and leadership team, the Deputy Head of School will oversee teaching and learning, professional development, curricular planning, etc. for best practices in 21st century education.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Deputy Head of School for Teaching and Learning shall provide leadership and coordination in the development and implementation of best pedagogical practices and approaches to teaching, as well as our curriculum and programming in PK–12. Responsibilities will include leading the WIS professional learning program, working with staff on strategies for curriculum articulation, assessment, enrichment, and pedagogy, and aiding in evaluation and/or accreditation processes. The Deputy Head of School for Teaching and Learning will have senior level strategic decision-making authority within the realm of curriculum, teaching, and learning.
- Observe and supervise staff members in developing and implementing our curricula.
- Provide instructional coaching to classroom personnel related, but not limited, to pedagogy, classroom management, and school procedures.
- Ensure that staff members maintain complete academic records for their students.
- Ensure that staff members use appropriate methods to assess student achievement.
- Systematize and monitor grading and progress-reporting criteria and standards.
- Plan for needs-based professional development for all instructional staff.
- Work with the Head of School to recruit teachers and classroom staff and evaluate teacher performance
- Conduct new teacher orientation for the school’s instructional, curricular, and assessment programs.
- Embed and foster the Understanding by Design curriculum planning process within all curricular areas.
- Collaborate with administration and PK–12 vertical curriculum teams to ensure the coordination, impact, and articulation of the PK–12 program.
- Support lead teachers, subject area coordinators, and grade level representatives to ensure alignment and coordination.
- Facilitate the regular review of curriculum through the curriculum review cycle.
- Collaborate with Divisional Principals to ensure assessment data is utilized to continue to improve the school’s overall teaching and learning programs.
- Make and share decisions in accordance with researched best practices.
- Evaluate impact of the professional learning experience for all stakeholder groups involved, paying close attention to whole-school professional learning that supports strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with staff in curriculum related positions to ensure high quality professional learning experiences.
- Conduct in-house professional learning sessions, both small-scale and large-scale that employ best practices for professional learning, that exhibit a wide-range of strategies and modes, and that model and incorporate technology integration when appropriate,
- Evaluate impact of the professional learning experiences for all stakeholder groups involved.
- Alongside the PYP Coordinator and Cambridge Coordinator, facilitate regular reviews of recommendations related to evaluation and/or accreditation reports, self-studies, etc.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to the Head of School with the subject line, “Deputy Head of School Application,” and emailed directly to: [email protected]
WIS reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Related Jobs (8)
LECTURER IN ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING on September 20, 2023 Full Time