THE PAPUA NEW GUINEA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position within the University:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Deputy Director – Human Resources
Reporting to the Executive Director – Human Resources, the incumbent will be responsible for providing the leadership required in the Human Resources division in ensuring the full suite of best practice HR services is provided to the Administration, Academic and Non Academic Staff of the PNG University of Technology in a timely and professional manner.
- Establish and lead the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a workforce that is in line with the requirements and standards of the University.
- Maintain close and regular dialogue with the Senior Executive Management Team (SEMT) of the UOT for recruitment and staffing requirements and promptly lead to filling these vacancies.
- Oversee the administration of the University’s remuneration and compensation practice including wage and salary structure, pay policies, and the variable pay systems within the University including any bonuses and raises.
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain a superior workforce; obtain cost effective, employee serving benefits through monitoring of both citizen and non-citizen employment benefit options for cost saving, and recommend changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Oversee and direct the design, and management of the University-wide process of organizational development and continuous renewal that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development strategies, key employee retention programs, organizational design, and change management.
- Manage a process of organizational planning that evaluates University structures, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout the University. Develop and administer programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the University.
- Oversee the coordination of all workforce training and development including the programs, and responsibility of those programs, ensuring that HODs and Managers are provided the necessary education and materials including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Maintain minimal exposure to lawsuits by leading the University’s compliance with all existing Labour Laws, such as the Employment Act, Workers Compensation Act, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Act, Non-Citizens Employment Act and so forth.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources Information System.
- Utilizes the University’s HRIS system to automate certain processes and eliminate administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet the other needs of the organization.
- Degree in Human Resources Management/Psychology or Business Management, preferably a Masters degree from a recognised institution.
- 8 – 10 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of relevant employment Acts
- Matured with strong and proven leadership skills
- Flexible and able to work extended hours and travel at short notice
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Of Sober habits
The successful candidate must be a team player, be highly motivated and able to develop and maintain a good relationship with staff and clients at all levels and willing to learn from others and be able to adopt best practices.
Deputy Registrar: PGK82,472 – PGK100,799 per annum
Domestic Market Allowance: PGK17,682 – K23,715 per annum
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)
Detailed application with updated curriculum vitae including certified copies of qualifications, names and addresses preferably email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) current referees including one from past/present employer, should be sent to:
The Executive Director – Human Resources
PNG University of Technology
Private Mail Bag
Applicants are encouraged to email all applications in one pdf file to [email protected] with an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
- Deadline for all applications is on Friday 29th December 2023 at 4:06pm
- ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONTACTED.