IHG® Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a promise to provide True Hospitality for everyone. As one of the world’s largest upscale brands, we have properties located in major urban centres, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe.
- Making every single meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the tastebuds.
- Preparing ingredients for cooking by cutting, chopping, slicing, dicing, or mixing ingredients as directed by the Head Chef.
- Support the Chef de Partie and Sous Chef in the daily operation of the Restaurant.
- Stocking and organizing pantries with ingredients and equipment needed for cooking.
- Participating in the selection of ingredients based on flavor profiles and seasonal factors.
- Performing basic kitchen tasks such as preparing food, cleaning dishes and utensils, and stocking pantries with ingredients.
- Making sure that food is prepared safely by following proper food preparation techniques.
- Communicating with other members of the kitchen staff to coordinate meal preparation activities.
- Following safety procedures and using appropriate safety equipment while working in the kitchen.
- Incorporate restaurant production, if any in daily product schedule.
- Strictly adhere to “First In First Out” system (stock rotation).
- Strictly follow food production and presentation manuals displayed in the kitchen.
- Incorporate cleaning of kitchen equipment by supervising the kitchen stewards.
- Ensure the kitchen is hygienically clean at all times and safe food handling and preparation practices are followed.
- Ensure smooth implementation and ongoing compliance with the Food Safety Program & HACCAP.
- To assist the Executive Chef/Head Chef with promotions and quality assurance to follow through with customer satisfaction.
- Taking ownership for your workstation – keeping on top of supplies, equipment and waste.
- Being cleaner than clean to meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws.
- Helping with washing up and other kitchen duties where needed.
- Supporting the wider food and beverage operations.
What we need from you:
- Trade Certificate in Cookery or Culinary Arts.
- Italian Cuisine knowledge would be added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, colleagues and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good Communication and writing skills.
- The strength to lift, push and pull big objects up to 23 kg which can also involve bending and kneeling.
- A good grasp of reading, writing and basic mathematics.
- The flexibility to work night, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Compliance with local laws on food handling.
- Great communication – you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role in a world-class brand or similar resort setting.
How do I deliver this?
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
In return we’ll give you a competitive salary package including, free transfers within the Nadi area to the resort and back, food and beverage discount, discounted room rates worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®.
Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to belong.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected] by 1600hrs, Monday 04th December, 2023.