- Ensures the kitchen team are compliant with food safety, health and hygiene standards in the kitchen.
- Ensures the preparation of all dishes including meats, seafood and sauces, ensuring portion sizes, marinades and flavours are in accordance with recipes.
- Works closely with the Chef de Partie and Sous Chef in determining quality and quantity of food materials used with a view of eliminating wastage.
- Manages assigned section and ensure it runs efficiently and productively.
- Ensures all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards
- Check all food is stored and handled as per kitchen food safety standards
- Assists and supports the Chef de Partie in all food preparation, ensuring that Commi chefs have been briefed and allocated daily tasks.
- Assists in managing the kitchen team to ensure food preparation is completed in time for meal service and guest orders are ready in a timely manner.
- Ensures overall food standards i.e. preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are established and monitored to meet Brand Standard guidelines.
- Ensures the highest possible standard of hygiene is practiced and maintained by the kitchen team.
- Responds promptly on any changes in food styles and service trends as dictated by the market (resort/customers) or as directed by the Executive Chef.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
· Has relevant qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
· Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position in a resort establishment.
· Good communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
· Is a self-starter, has a drive, initiative and highly motivated
· Is able to live and work in an island resort environment.
If you have the relevant experience and looking for new challenges, we would like to hear from you!
Please send your cover letter, detailed CV together with a recent passport photograph and COVID19 fully Vaccination Proof to: [email protected] All applications need to be submitted no later than COB Friday 26th May, 2023. Applicants that meet the selection criteria will be shortlisted for an interview.
Related Jobs (13)
Various Positions on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Human Resource Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Team Leader Cabin Crew on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Barman / Barista on May 30, 2023 Full Time
Food & Beverage Attendant on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Premier Services Associate on May 31, 2023 Full Time
Commis Chef / Dive Instructor on May 26, 2023 Full Time
Guest Relations Officer on May 24, 2023 Full Time