Your day to day
As a Demi Chef, you will support the Senior Chefs by preparing, presenting, storing, and serving a selection of food items.
- To assist the Chefs with the production and presentation of all dishes which leave the kitchen and to ensure that they are to the standard and learn the utmost about the functions within the Kitchen during your time within the hotel.
- Interacts professionally and in good manners with all F&B outlets, supporting departments, stewarding and service personnel in order to establish good teamwork.
- Fully responsible for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the kitchen.
- He/she is also responsible for maintaining his / her area of work to the highest hygiene standards and observing a proper system of food preparation and storage.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Has knowledge of the menu, the food items and goods handled in the area he is assigned.
- Makes any attempt to prevent any damage or loss of hotel property and equipment.
- Responsible that all dishes are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
- Responsible of the proper handling of food requisitions and transfers.
- Responsible of the cleanliness and sanitary condition of the kitchen area, fridges, storerooms, equipment and utensils at all times.
- Controls food cost by following standard recipes, portion control, avoid wastage and overstocking.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing new menus and promotion ideas.
- Responsible that HACCP is implemented and strictly followed at all times.
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment, and other relevant information.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid, fire, and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company. The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma / Vocational certificate in Culinary Skills or related field.
- 1 – 2years experience in full-service restaurants/ local or international hotels in high volume kitchen.
- Strong background in HACCP procedures and application
- Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills.
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid community service leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
The Grand Pacific Hotel is on a historic journey as we transit into our Luxury & Lifestyle collection of becoming “InterContinental Grand Pacific Hotel Suva”
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
How to Apply
You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Related Jobs (18)
Front Office Receptionist | AC Refrigeration Technician | Pool Attendant on December 5, 2023 Full Time